Mothica’s Blue Hour

Mckenzie Ellis, otherwise known as Mothica, is a Brooklyn-based artist who practically breathes out dark, pop hits with hard-hitting lyrics and strong melodies. Her most recent release is a twelve-track, thirty-six-minute-long album titled Blue Hour. In the album, Mothica delves into her struggles with mental illness and addiction, and how those things affect her and […]

Civic Engagement Speech Reaction

What do you feel you did well on? I feel that I did a good job of touching on every point I wanted to, which was something I was worried about messing up because of my nerves. I also think that my organization was effective and relatively easy to follow. What are some areas to […]

Civic Artifact Outline

Opening I think it’s safe to say that everyone likes memes. I know that they’re a daily part of my own life and, while you probably don’t see them in a serious way, they can have more weight to them than you think. One meme in particular that can do more than just make you […]

The Distracted Boyfriend Meme

I chose the distracted boyfriend meme as my artifact. This meme format has been used to depict all different forms of infidelity, like in the example you see above. Who “made” the artifact? (You can think about this in many ways: who consumes the artifact?; who challenged a commonplace by creating the artifact?; who benefits […]

Give Lizzy McAlpine 43 Minutes

Lizzy McAlpine is a Philadelphia-based singer/songwriter who writes everything from bubbly love songs to haunting tracks about heartbreak. You might know her from her hit TikTok video, which has amassed over seven and a half million views, where she sings and plays an original song called “Ruined”. Her first project, an eight-track collection titled Indigo, […]

This American Life Podcast

Listening to the This American Life podcast was incredibly interesting for me as a student at Penn State. The main topic of the podcast is Penn State’s crowning as the number one party school in America in 2009. It explores the factors that went into that nomination and how they affect everyone living in State […]