Who Is Mel Rose?

Who are you? You’re asked this question all the time throughout your college education, but the answer is never easy.

I am a college student. I am a hard worker. I am a writing. I’m a traveler, a reader, a creative mind. I am so many things, yet the question “who are you” has never come easy.

I am Melody Oztan and I am a senior at Pennsylvania State University, attaining a degree in Public Relations with a minor in English, Entrepreneurship, and Global and International Studies. I am very passionate about the communications industry and the way public relations connects brands to consumers. I have always been a very creative person with a passion for writing and creating. Within the PR industry, I hope to work at a communications agency with a focus in digital PR and technology. Social media is another one of my passions. Whether it’s Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok- I am always on top of the latest social media trends and I am constantly creating content.

I know that the the public relations industry is the ideal career path for me because it is a combination of communicating and creating. I want to pursue a career and life path that allows me to think freely but also challenges my abilities. I want to be able to inspire people and make an impact on others around me, and I believe working in PR is the ideal path for that.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/OztanMelody

Email: mjo5362@psu.edu