The Beauty of Uniqueness

Their beauty is a symphony of unfamiliar notes
Each tone and melody defies the conventional
Yet together,
They compose a hauntingly beautiful composition
Resonating with the soul

I just wanted to try out my poetry skills a little. Now it’s, time to move on to dissecting the wonders of unconventional beauty.

You may remember me asking the question “So what happens if we aren’t conventionally attractive” in the post titled “Unlocking the Language of Beauty: A Glossary of Glamour.” And I simply answered, “Nothing. We find solace in the idea of being average and continue to be confident in our skin.”

That may be a very bleak outlook on life. Well, it is a very bleak outlook, so here’s some food for thought to help you find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

There is a category of people who are still attractive in an unconventional way. This category of people is even fewer (but not nonexistent).

They are unconventional beauties.

Currently, there are two working definitions of unconventional beauty: a sarcastic way to indicate someone who is not very beautiful at all and one whose appearance does not conform to conventional beauty standards, but can still be considered attractive.

I want to expand more on the second definition of people who do not conform to traditional beauty standards. As alluded to in the poem, unconventional beauty may not adhere to the typical rules of conventional beauty standards; however, all features must complement each other. The ultimate goal for unconventional beauties is to have features that complement each other in a way that emulates how average facial features complement each other to form the most attractive face.

These faces might be familiar to you from my previous blogs.

For this blog post, I will focus specifically on Tsunaina Limbu. Tsunaian is a British–Nepali singer-songwriter, visual artist, and fashion model who is known specifically for her striking visuals. She is a perfect example of unconventional beauty done right.

Having prominent yang features such as a broad face, pronounced and square jawline, and slightly hollowed cheeks, contrasted with her yin features of full lips, high cheekbones, and thin, delicate neck, she displays a balance that strikes a chord with onlookers. Additionally, she has a larger and rounder forehead aiding in softening her yang features to promote a more complementary facial structure. If you remember in my blog post titled, “The Golden Ratio of Glamour,” the optimal face would have their facial thirds at a ratio of 1:1:1, which Tsunaian has as a result of her prominent jawline, rounded forehead, and unique nasal contour.

Her yang features are offset by her yin features, showcasing the power of having features coexist in perfect harmony. It’s not about the absence of one in favor of the other but rather about blending them to create a unique and balanced aesthetic that celebrates both softness and strength, femininity and masculinity.

The key is finding a harmonious balance between these contrasting elements to create a captivating and harmonious facial appearance.

Separator image .

1 Comment

Add Yours
  1. 1
    ese5143

Morgan,

I want to start y commenting on your poem. I feel like you are a great poet, even if the piece you posted was more of an experimental exercise. I felt that it was strong and touching, and you did a fantastic job at shifting from your poem to the topic that you chose to discuss in your blog. As for your blog ideas themselves, I think you were clear in explaining the difference between being conventionally attractive and being attractive in the eyes of other people. I agree with you in that as people, we won’t always ”
    fall” for people who are conventionally attractive, but find beauty in others that aren’t up to the “standard”. There are only so many people who fit the standard, so its impossible for everyone to be with a conventionally attractive individual, therefore, I think looking at how a person views and evaluates the “beauty” of another is a key reflection of who they are as a person. I feel that oftentimes, relationships on the foundation of “good looks” are shallow, and falling in love with a person, not their looks is what serves as a basis for a strong relationship.