The Shape of Higher Education: Personal Stake

The future of higher education is a constantly debated issue, with widely varying opinions on how it should be shaped and structured.  As a student, my views regarding this matter are naturally focused largely on my own experience.  I came to college because I recognized it as an opportunity to better myself and allow me to work in a field that I would not otherwise be able to enter.  To me, a college education is invaluable, and I have come to believe that such an opportunity should be available to anyone who wants it.  Nevertheless, I also realize that it is not the best path for everyone, nor is everyone going to college the best path for society.  The technical skill gap remains a large problem for American employers, and trades offer a secure living.  I cannot presume to dictate the best choice for anyone, but I generally believe that higher education does not only involve universities.  It is important to continually try to learn and improve oneself, but this can be through a large number of pursuits; therefore, I hold that our society should adopt a broader view of higher education as we move forward.

Tags: , , , ,

5 comments

1. auto repair westmont

The Shape of Higher Education: Personal Stake | Cultures and Customs

2. ut football score

3. http://www.thechickenlegs.com

4. click here!

5. As I was reading your post I was growing increasingly angry at how stupid these people were for wasting that food. Once you explained that it was only the bad fruit that was used I was then able to accept how much fun this would actually be. Great post!