Topic: How food preservation affects your health
Purpose: To show people how food preservation, while it does have detrimental affects, is overall positive towards our health, as long as we consider how the food is preserved.
Thesis statement: Food preservation is an essential part of our daily lives. However, before consuming something, you should consider both the positive and negative health benefits.
Attention strategy: Talk about how life would be without food preservation. Maybe say something about how many people
Orienting Material: PowerPoint
Main idea: A brief history of food preservation.
- necessary for civilization
- food and drug act of 1906
- rise of restaurants?
- Main Idea: How too much preserved food can hinder your health.
- obesity epidemic
- artificial preservation compounds
Main Idea: How food preservation can improves your overall health.
- prevents bacterial growth and molds
- why is this bad
- maybe talk about oxidization and how this can make food go bad
- possibly include this with the previous topic
- how food preservation can save us during things like drought and war
While yes, the way we preserve our food can sometimes contain things that can be detrimental to our health, we wouldn’t be here without it.