About Me

My name is Mike Lanzarone, and I’m from the Boston area. I have two brothers, a sister, and a 40 pound labradoodle named Skye. Growing up, I always had a passion for sports and wanted to be a play-by-play announcer. Throughout high school, I played various sports, such as soccer, golf, hockey, track, and baseball. After getting injured, concussed, and breaking a good amount of bones, I decided that I still wanted to be involved with the teams that I could no longer play for, so I grabbed a camera and started filming and photographing their games. I became passionate about sports media, and after several production classes, I decided that I wanted to work in sports media in the future. After spending multiple seasons with my schools varsity hockey and lacrosse teams, I’m extremely excited to be interning with the Athletic Department at Penn State this fall. I plan on majoring in Telecommunications with a certification in Sports Journalism, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds! In the meantime, feel free to pop in and read about my experiences at PSU this summer.

Contact Me:

Email: mxl5777@gmail.com

Twitter: @LanzaroneMike