Blog Reflection 3

• What work do you hope to do with OD? What  career goals, if any, do you have for OD?

I specifically took this course which is part of a larger certificate program because although I’m very busy I feel a bit intellectually stagnant in my work.  Having more knowledge will help me move forward and better support the groups with which I partner.  I have also been thinking about my next steps.

What I am learning is that there is a lot I “organically” know and do within the broader scope of OD, but I don’t have the foundational processes, OD language and contextual understanding.  I’ve been taking a lot of notes as I reading the “big book” with ideas I want to try out at work. I have a lot of flexibility and ability to play with these ideas on a team level.

The more I am learning, the more I want to know, and the more I simply want to be able to be at the table in a larger conversation and larger change initiative.

OD fits nicely with the coaching, team and program work I’ve done for years.  I am a visual and experiential learner I’d like the opportunity to shadow Bill (really I do).

• What do you want to do at the end of this course?

Keep coming back.

• Do you plan to be in the online MPS in Organization Development and Change (MPS in ODC) degree program?

Right now I plan on the OD Certificate.