For a complete listing of MFC and other videos from the Logan Lab, go to this presentations site.
MFC Powerpoint presentations
- ISMET International Meeting (2015): Consideration of cathode specific surface area and hydrodynamics in scaling up microbial fuel cells (October 1-3, Tempe, AZ)
- Electrochemistry Quiz: Do you know how placement of the reference electrode relative to the working electrode will impact CVs or EIS spectra? Take this “quiz”, which asks a question and then gives the answer on the next page. Electrochemistry quiz (pdf); Paper on this research Zhang-et al. (Biotechnol. Bioeng. 2014; Supporting information).
- Stanford/GCEP Meeting (2012): Introduction to MFCs and MECs, and using MECs to produce methane-pdf file. Link to the Video Presentation (October 11, 2012)
- General presentation (2008): Microbial fuel cells and microbial electrolysis cells
- Paul L. Busch Award Ceremony at the WERF Subscriber Luncheon (2004): Harvesting Energy from Wastewater Treatment using MFCs
- Interview (2013): ByteSize Science, about MFCs. This is a really popular video for a general audience, about MFCs in 2013.
- National Science Foundation (NSF)/Green Revolution (2010): Professional video on MFCs for wastewater treatment. This is another video targeted at a general audience.
- The MFC Technology page on YouTube (different years): Website link for many YouTube videos on MFCs and H2. (www.Youtube.com/user/MFCTechnology). Videos on types of MFCs, how to make cathodes for air cathode MFCs, and mini-MECs.
- Tour the Logan Lab: A quick overview of the Logan lab with video of the different MFCs and other types of reactors.
- University of Michigan, AEESP Lecture (2015): Microbial fuel cell technologies for renewable power and biofuels production
- Princeton University (2014): Microbial fuel cells and reverse electrodialysis technologies.
- Stanford/GCEP Meeting (2012): Introduction to MFCs and MECs, and using MECs to produce methane-pdf file. Link to the Video Introduction to MFCs and MECs, and using MECs to produce methane-pdf file. Link to thePresentation (October 11, 2012)
- The Clarke Prize Conference (2012): Microbial fuel cells meet salinity gradient energy: A summary of MFC advances and how we can capture energy from salinity gradients.
- Interview (2011): Penn State on MFCs (2011)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (2010): Lecture at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), March 2, 2010 on MFCs and and MECs
- TV News Story (2009): ABC television news story about pilot-scale reactor at the Napa Winery Company (newspage only, link not working) (on WABC site) (September 2009)
Hydrogen Fuel cells
- Penn State WPSU Interview: What are hydrogen fuel cells?