Health + Wellness

Must have essentials to become the best version of you

Hydration is key

I’m sure you have been told numerous times by others to drink more water. Well, there’s a reason there is such an emphasis… Benefits from water include clear skin, better muscle performance, and overall weight loss! Our bodies are made up of 50-70% of water therefore, our bodies depend on water to survive. Bottom line is, hydration is key to living a healthy lifestyle.

But how much water should you be drinking a day? Yes yes, we have all heard the 8 glasses a day regimen. However, as we all know, bodies range in shapes in sizes, therefore water intake can vary as well. Here’s a simple equation to find out how much water YOUR body needs. Your weight multiplied by .67 (2/3) = how many oz of water you should be intaking a day. An additional 12 oz should be added per 30 mins of exercise.

For example, if you weighed 150 lbs, your water intake would be

100.5 oz     (150  x  .67) = 100.5 oz

Drinking the right amount of water could be hard depending on the number of oz as well as the person’s personal preferences, but certain reusable water bottles make drinking water easily accessible. Here are a few:

The reminder:

HidrateSpark 3 Smart Water Bottle & Free Hydration Tracker App - Storm – Hidrate Inc

HidrateSpark 3

Drinking a certain amount of water seems relatively easy, but let’s be honest, sometimes we forget… and by sometimes I mean most of the time. The Hidrate Spark 3 is a smart water bottle that links to a free app on your phone which allows you to set your personal water intake goal. Not only will the bottle track your water intake, but it will also light up to remind you to drink your water either at regular set intervals or if you are behind your daily goal.

The basic one:

Amazon.com : Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle Wide Mouth with Straw Lid (Black, 40-Ounce) : Sports & Outdoors

Hydro Flask

Yes, probably everyone and their mothers have one (including myself). However, the best selling features of this water bottle include the wide range of sizes from 12oz-64 oz, as well as the different mouth sizes and bottle colors.

The self-cleaning one:

b8ta - The LARQ Bottle

Using disposable single-use water bottles is often tempting because there is no need to clean it in order to refill it, you can simply just get a new one. This water bottle by LARQ eliminates the “hassle” of continuously having to clean your reusable water bottle. Instead, this water bottle cleans itself every two hours by activating a purifying UV light.

Previous Post

1 Comment

1. Ben Doyle January 31, 2021

I think this is a really great topic for your blog. Being an athlete, I have always found it really important to prioritize taking care of my physical and mental health as over time, I have begun to notice major differences as soon as I start to ignore them. Hydration especially is something that I think is super important, especially for recovery for my muscles, brain, skin, etc. I don’t have one of the fancy water bottles to really measure fluid intake precisely, but one thing that I’ve started doing is using five rubber bands, putting them around my water bottle, and every time I finish a bottle, I take one off with a goal of finishing four-five every day.