What’s Coming Up Next

As you may have been able to tell by reading by blogs, I have travelled a decent amount for a kid my age. One of my favorite things to do with my dad is just sit back and reminisce about all of the places we’ve been together. My dad has been to four times as many countries as I have, but we’ve done a lot together. And one thing we like to do, it plan our next trip. Now because I’m in college and he’s busy working year round, it would be hard to actually plan another one any time soon. So when I say plan, I really mean fantasize about where the family could go next.

After talking with my dad for a while, we realized two things. First, our favorite trips were by far South Africa and Vietnam. Second, we’ve been to every continent together except for South America. Now my dad has travelled a lot without me, but even he says he hasn’t been. So I’ve decided that our next trip will be to Chile! To be quite honest I know absolutely nothing about Chile other than the fact that it is in fact in South America.

So to start planning our potential trip, I did a little research on Chile. Being a kid, I naturally looked into the more adrenaline pumping activities. Number one thing I want to do is go hiking in the Torres del Paine National Park in southern Patagonia. Other than that there are so many things to do. Depending on the time of year they also have a lot of great skiing and snowboarding runs when it’s cool enough. When it gets a little warmer, the rivers and lakes of Patagonia are amazing for water sports like surfing, kayaking and rafting. That’s just one of the things that I love about this place. It has so many different types of terrain that it has endless activities!

Now just because I’m a kid doesn’t mean I don’t want to appreciate some of the finer parts of traveling. Chile has so much culture. If you go to Chile’s altiplano there are a number of towns that still practice Aymara culture, and they don’t mind tourists observing. There is also Easter Head Island just off the mainland center. Ever wondered why there are GIANT STONE HEADS on an island? The only thing I know about them is that they’re in “Night at the Museum” the movie.

Like I said, I don’t know too much about Chile, but from what I’ve learned I’m getting so excited. So if I’ve sold you on Chile, just hit me up and we can all go together! I was planning on going like the first week of May so that I don’t have to do finals. If not Chile, just leave me a comment with the one place you’ve always wanted to go. I love hearing peoples’ fantasy vacations.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to What’s Coming Up Next

1. Tyler Sullivan says:

I feel that this is a very appropriate passion blog for you if you have been able to take trips such as these. I know people that take these kinds of trips that feel very strongly about them, so i am sure that you will have plenty to talk about! It should be very interesting and I am looking forward to reading about what’s coming up next.

2. Laura Peterson says:

I would LOVE to travel to South America one day. I’ve been to Europe a couple of times with my family and had an amazing time, so of course I would love to travel back there. I think that Italy or Switzerland would both be fantastic options for their food and scenery. I believe that it really doesn’t matter where you go as long as you’re traveling with the right people.

3. Christina Soliday says:

Chile would be an amazing place to go! Personally, if I were to go to South America, I would visit Brazil. Actually, it would be my dream to attend the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio!! How cool would that be. Although surely expensive, I think that would be an experience of a lifetime! Have fun in Chile!!

4. I would love to get to visit the giant Stone Heads. Apparently they’ve been doing some digging (literally) and found that not all of them are just heads. They have lower bodies that have been buried underground for centuries. I really hope that I get the chance to visit the different countries of the world someday. My top choices would be Venice, Vienna, and Japan (I know this one is a country, but who cares? I want to see it all).