George-Lucian Moldovan, PhD
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
500 University Drive, Room C5758A
Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Phone Office: 717-531-3610
Phone Lab: 717-531-0003 ext 289200
Email: Click Here to Send Email
- Check out our 2020 publications:
- Thakar et al -Ubiquitinated-PCNA protects replication forks from DNA2-mediated degradation by regulating Okazaki fragment maturation and chromatin assembly. Nature Communications
- Dhoonmoon et al – Genome-wide CRISPR synthetic lethality screen identifies a role for the ADP-ribosyltransferase PARP14 in replication fork dynamics controlled by ATR. Nucleic Acids Research
- Clements et al – Identification of regulators of poly-ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor response through complementary CRISPR knockout and activation screens. Submitted. BioRxiv
- Schleicher et al – Dual genome-wide CRISPR knockout and CRISPR activation screens identify common mechanisms that regulate the resistance to multiple ATR inhibitors. Submitted. BioRxiv
- Kristen Clements, MD/PhD student, successfully defended her PhD thesis on January 30, 2020. Congratulations Kristen!
- Thank you St. Baldrick’s Foundation for supporting our work for the past five years! Our award was highlighted in the foundation’s 2019 Grants Announcement and on the PennStateHealth News portal.
- Congratulations to Emily Schleicher, who was awarded an NIH F31 predoctoral fellowship by the National Cancer Institute!
- Our annual outing at Troegs Brewery and Hershey’s Chocolate World (June 2019). We welcomed Ashna Dhoonmoon, who joined the lab as graduate student.
- Two new papers from our lab (May 2019)
- PARI (PARPBP) suppresses replication stress-induced myeloid differentiation in leukemia cells. Oncogene
- Heterozygous de novo RNF13 gain-of-function variant is associated with congenital epileptic encephalopathy, cortical blindness, bilateral hearing loss and failure to thrive . American Journal of Human Genetics
- Our annual outing at Troegs Brewery and Hershey’s Chocolate World (August 2018).
- Three new papers from our lab (June 2018)
- NFkB regulates p21 expression and controls DNA damage-induced leukemic differentiation. Oncogene
- Loss of E2F7 confers resistance to poly-ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitors in BRCA2 deficient cells . Nucleic Acids Research
- PARP10 promotes cellular proliferation and tumorigenesis by alleviating replication stress. Nucleic Acids Research
- Our collaborative work with Dr. Orly Elpeleg (Hadassah Medical Center Jerusalem) describes the biological basis of a severe neurodegenerative disorder in children. Edvardson, Nicolae et al, Am J Human Genetics (August 2017). Highlighted in ScienceDaily.
- Our annual outing at Troegs Brewery and Hershey’s Chocolate World (July 2017). We welcomed Emily Schleicher, who joined the lab as graduate student.
- Adri Galvan, medical student in the lab, was selected for the HHMI Medical Research Fellows Program, and will spend the next year (2017-2018) doing research in Dr. Kevan Shokat‘s lab at UCSF. Congratulations Adri!
- Our new review was published in Molecular Cell: Forging Ahead through Darkness: PCNA, Still the Principal Conductor at the Replication Fork
- Congratulations Dr. Choe! Kat successfully defended her thesis on September 22, 2016. Kat is now a postdoc in the Chowdhury lab at Harvard Medical School.
- Dr. Moldovan received the Dean’s Junior Faculty Research Award on May 12, 2015