George-Lucian Moldovan, PhD
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
500 University Drive, Room C5758A
Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Phone Office: 717-531-3610
Phone Lab: 717-531-0003 ext 289200
Email: Click Here to Send Email
- Three new papers from our lab (June 2018)
- NFkB regulates p21 expression and controls DNA damage-induced leukemic differentiation. Oncogene
- Loss of E2F7 confers resistance to poly-ADP-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitors in BRCA2 deficient cells . https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/04/03/294371
- PARP10 promotes cellular proliferation and tumorigenesis by alleviating replication stress. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/06/02/33722
- Our collaborative work with Dr. Orly Elpeleg (Hadassah Medical Center Jerusalem) describes the biological basis of a severe neurodegenerative disorder in children. Edvardson, Nicolae et al, Am J Human Genetics (August 2017). Highlighted in ScienceDaily.
- Our annual outing at Troegs Brewery and Hershey’s Chocolate World (July 2017). We welcomed Emily Schleicher, who joined the lab as graduate student.
- Adri Galvan, medical student in the lab, was selected for the HHMI Medical Research Fellows Program, and will spend the next year (2017-2018) doing research in Dr. Kevan Shokat‘s lab at UCSF. Congratulations Adri!
- Our new review was published in Molecular Cell: Forging Ahead through Darkness: PCNA, Still the Principal Conductor at the Replication Fork
- Congratulations Dr. Choe! Kat successfully defended her thesis on September 22, 2016. Kat is now a postdoc in the Chowdhury lab at Harvard Medical School.
- Dr. Moldovan received the Dean’s Junior Faculty Research Award on May 12, 2015