Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having at least a decent week. This week’s topic is exactly what it sounds like: blazers with no tops worn under it. As strange as it sounds, it is an actual fashion trend. This trend started around 2018, but as since grown into a huge trend worn mostly by celebrities. The trend began when women started wearing what was considered “masculine” clothing such as blazers. These women then took the trend to a whole new level by wearing these blazers with no shirts or bra underneath.

Women began wearing blazers without shirts as a way to redefine the fashion industry. As the fashion industry started to become more and more gender fluid, this trend started to expand everywhere. Obviously, this isn’t a trend that is seen in the workplace. However, this fashion trend is huge at big events where celebrities are. There are two ways to wear topless blazers. One way is by having it look more like a V-neck. This allows you to show off some, but the blazer is not completely open. The second option, which is a little more exposing, is where the blazer is completely open. The person wearing this would use tape to keep the blazer steady, so it doesn’t fly open and expose everything.

This trend is mostly known for the strong feminist vibes, but the style has also become a big trend for men. Many celebrity men have been seen wearing blazers with no shirts. Many fashion sites predicted this trend to be all over the red carpets this season, which we obviously didn’t get to see happen.

Many people have tried to wear this in public just to see how it goes. Sydnestyle says she felt confident wearing the shirtless blazer. She loved it up until she had to sit down for dinner, where she had to have perfect posture just to make sure nothing was seen. I think this trend might be easy to attempt. All you really need is a blazer and maybe some boob tape if you are wanting to try the second option.

I don’t think I will ever try the trend. I try to have good posture when I sit, but sometimes I just feel lazy, and people don’t need to see what’s under my topless blazer. Also, this isn’t a trend that is very popular for most situations other than big parties, and I don’t go to big, glamorous parties. Additionally, I feel like blazers are similar to jackets. When I get hot, I like to take off my jacket, and with this, you really can’t take off your blazer without getting a lot of weird looks. I like this trend, and I like how women are using it to end gender stereotypes, but I don’t think I would be able to pull it off as well as other people do.