‘Tis the Season for Second-Hand Shopping

Yard sale

It’s the end of the spring semester.  And for students I know that means exams and papers and stress.  But for me, a non-student living in a college town, it means it’s prime time for second-hand shopping.  When students finish the semester (and especially when they finish their FINAL semester) they typically get rid of things that they don’t want to move.  Bicycles.  Exercise equipment.  Televisions.  Furniture.  Clothing.  Kitchen supplies.  Now is the time to look for whatever it is you currently need.  Look at the thrift store.  Check Freecycle.  Search Craigslist.  Shop yard sales.  There’s a decent chance that what you are looking for is there.  I’ve been trolling Craigslist several times daily in search of a good quality treadmill.  I’ve had a couple get away because I didn’t act quickly enough.  But I’m going to keep trying at least until the end of May.  I’m sure there are a lot of students moving at the end of the month, so more treadmills will come around in the next few weeks.  And also, I’m anxiously looking forward to the annual Trash to Treasure sale…a yard sale big enough that it has to be held in Beaver Stadium.  It’s a second-hand shopper’s dream!

Focus on your exams and papers.  But if there’s something you need…remember that now is a great time to shop for it second-hand!