Moving Forward for Charity

A couple of weeks ago I discovered a smartphone app called Pact that pays me cash for doing things that are good for me (that I happened to be doing anyway).  So far I have earned $4.61 for exercising and eating fruits and veggies.  And I don’t know yet how much I’ll get for this past week’s success, but I’m thinking it’ll be close to another $2.00.  Not bad.  Not bad at all, considering that I really haven’t even had to change my behaviors.

CharityMiles

This week I started using another app that rewards my good behavior…but with this one the reward goes to charity.  Charity Miles tracks the miles that I run, walk, or bike.  For every mile I walk, a corporate sponsor makes a donation to a charity that I pick from a lengthy list of options.  Again, I was going to be walking and running and biking anyway.  Charity Miles just adds a little extra bonus that helps a good cause.  It’s a win/win.  If you have a smartphone and you like to move, maybe you should give it a try.  The charity you help will appreciate it!