Birthdays are for Discounts

Today is my birthday.  And aside from the fact that I’m happy to have made yet another journey around the sun, this time labeling myself Fifty and Fabulous, I love a good birthday discount.  I’m a huge fan of discounts.

On Friday I enjoyed a free birthday meal at my local brewpub as one of the perks of being a member of their Pub Club.  I paid a pretty large fee to join about seven years ago, but it has paid for itself over and over and over again in the discounts I have received there.

Today I enjoyed a free salad from the Au Bon Pain in the Katz Building.  How?  I’m a member of their eClub.  You can sign up for free and get all kinds of perks, including a free birthday lunch!

There are tons of places that give you free stuff for your birthday.  You can find a quick list of 100 here.

And because I am now officially Fifty and Fabulous, I just joined AARP.  Yep…I’m now a member of the old people’s club.  Why?  DISCOUNTS!  I looked at all of the discounts available and decided it was worth the annual membership fee.  If for no other reason, I’ll now be eligible for a free donut with the purchase of a large coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts.  That in itself is worth labeling myself as “old.”

I’m having a great birthday.  Sign up for some free stuff and your next celebration of age can be just as fabulous as mine!