Leo the Scumbag

We all have always had a soft spot for Leonardo DiCaprio. Whether it was because of his lovable role in the Academy Award Winning Film, “Titanic,” or because we all felt bad for him because it took him so long to win an Oscar, we all love Leo. However, in my selection for my blog today, people may not love Leo so much after watching this film, “The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Being one of my favorite movies of all time, I love the character DiCaprio portrays in this movie. Based on a true story, “The Wolf of Wall Street,” tells the true story of DiCaprio’s character Jordan Belfort, a degenerate stockbroker in the 1980’s who went on to become a billionaire and change the world of stocks forever.

Partaking in illegal work activities, Belfort is also incredibly addicted to various drugs, sleeps with prostitutes, and is a horrible father and husband. However, with every problem he gets himself entangled in throughout, the viewers, or maybe only me, develop a soft spot once again for DiCaprio. He is a horrible person with backwards morals yet I still constantly found myself rooting for him to succeed.

Taking place in the 80’s and the 90’s this movie shows the loose laws that were involved within stock exchange. The entire movie consists of Jordan Belfort’s various ponzi schemes to make more money and screw his investors. He gets involved with the FBI, SEC, and even becomes crooked and affiliated with unfair cops as well.

I enjoy and respect this movie a lot because this actually was a true story and happened. Before watching this movie, I have never heard of any news pertaining to these times in the stock market or of Jordan Belfort in general. However, after watching the movie, I did additional research about this man’s life and his wrong doing. In fact, I even went as far as reading the Wolf of Wall Street novel. Honestly, the movie brought justice to the book and was well written. We are often faced with the case that the movie and book relationship is lopsided but this instance kind of shatters that misconception. wolf-drugs

There is not much more I can say about this movie, because I want you all to view this. However, I strongly advise that you watch this by yourself and not with your mom like I did. In this movie, the word, “Fuck,” is said 506 times, there are many scenes of drug usage, and there are also various extreme sex scenes throughout.

Aside from being a comedy and even a drama, this movie is also filled with other successful actors/actresses such as Jonah Hill, Matthew McConaughey, Margot Robbie, and many more. Finally, I enjoy this movie because I am greatly interested in finances, stocks, and doing drugs… JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE DRUGS! However, don’t let this vague and brief synapses fulfill your interest in the movie. Like I say every week, devote a couple hours of your time and watch this awesome flick!

wolf-money

One Response

1. eal32 at |

LOL Remember the part where he gets all fucked up on cocaine and he literally trashes his lambo into his house and he crawled out of the crashed car like a slug???? XD Wolf on Wallstreet is one of my favorite movies. Leo perfomed outsandingly, the fact that he mad us hate him cause of his irresponsible persona made me realize that he’s a great actor. I think he’s great actor cause he managed to completely transform his self being and act in a way that made us hate him and that takes great talent, solid blog dude.

Reply