Passion? What’s That?

I’m killing it with the post titles…

Passion’s a funny thing because it entails recognizing that you’re attached to something. That might seem like a dumb statement but hear me out. I’ve always had a lot of interests, so saying I’m passionate about one of them almost feels like I’m neglecting the others.

However, quarantine offered the opportunity to do some reading, and I really got into “self-help” books. Ideally, that translates to reading a chapter from a “self-help” book and analyzing it through the lens of my personal life, social expectations and current events.

Another idea would be to document my experience at Penn State in a tourist-type manner. Doing so would force me to experience all that PSU has to offer from tailgating at football games to flying chicken at Pollock.

I’ll probably end up doing the first one though lol.

3 thoughts on “Passion? What’s That?”

1. The idea of documenting PSU experiences through the eyes of a tourist sounds very interesting. A real tourist wouldn’t make it past the “WE ARE” statue, shrine and creamery but detailing daily life as if it were foreign sounds very compelling.
    In my mind self help books are in a kinda weird place as far as American commonplace. They are a known part of our culture but often not discussed in the open. Giving a real look into these books especially in the context of a college student would be very interesting.

2. I think that the first topic that you picked is really good and a passion that many people are picking up recently. As we grow older, we tend to lean towards developing as a person, and Self Help books seem like a great way to connect your life to the aspirations you hope to develop.

3. Seems like a great subject to cover. It’s very interesting to see how you would become more and more familiar with the University and how the more tourist type blogs would turn into a more in depth exploration of events and places once you are familiar with them.