Speech Reflections

Firstly, I loved this project as it allowed me to explore different methods of speech giving. As someone who did public speaking in high school, I felt confident going into the project, but it was really interesting getting to perfect my craft and experiment with different speech giving tactics

In terms of strengths, I liked how I was able to utilize an introduction that presented a deeper level of communication between me and listeners. During my elevator pitch, my introduction seemed to be Something that my peers liked, and it was nice to be able to implement that in my speech. In terms of weaknesses, I don’t believe I had a strong understanding of how to use the voice thread technology, which made it difficult to effectively combine the video of my speech with some of my supporting pieces. For example, I had a lot of difficulties getting the slides to auto-advance which detracted from the message of my speech.

One of the best parts of this project was getting to hear how other people went about finishing it. As a rule of thumb for the future, I might try to use more “meaningful” pieces in my projects because that aspect of the project appeared to be the deciding factor in how effective a speech was.

One thought on “Speech Reflections”

1. Mustapha, firstly I thought that your speech and presentation was really good. It is great that you were able to identify the shortcomings you made in VoiceThread, so that if we do use the software again, you will be able to change that up. I also really enjoyed your introduction like the others, as it was a great way to hook in the audience, as well as set a personal tone for the rest of the speech. Once again, really well done!