Passion Expanded

So I’ve decided to spin the interpretation of the “self-help” that I referenced at the beginning of the blog. For context, here’s what I said in the first blog post:

“However, quarantine offered the opportunity to do some reading, and I really got into “self-help” books. Ideally, that translates to reading a chapter from a “self-help” book and analyzing it through the lens of my personal life, social expectations and current events.”

With that said, this week I’ve decided to focus on another aspect of self-help: extracurriculars. As someone who follows sports, I’ve found that following sports is an avenue for self-development. I could be stretching it a bit, but I believe that following things that you’re passionate helps inspire development. As a result, I’ll be giving a rundown of this week in sports.

Manchester NewsMan Utd team news: Paul Pogba, Jadon Sancho, Nemanja Matic benched for  Atalanta - The Athletic

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer celebrated the 300th goal scored under his leadership on Wednesday after Marcus Rashford netted for Manchester United against Atalanta in the Champions League. It took 163 games for the milestone to be reached, and it only took one game for the number to surpass 300.

Chelsea NewsWe Ain't Got No History, a Chelsea community

Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner both suffered injuries during Chelsea’s match against Malmo. Despite being clearly injured, Chelsea’s manager Thomas Tuchel refused to take Lukaku out.

“It was necessary that Romelu was on the pitch, he started very strong. I spoke with him about the situation, that I think he carries a bit of a mental fatigue around with him, and that I think it’s also normal, but he’s our number nine, he’s our reference up front and the best thing against mental fatigue is a goal and we knew that we could be the dominant team.”

“We knew today we built a fast attack with Mason and Timo around him, and him as the reference point up front in the middle, and I had a strong belief that he could in a Champions League match turn things around in terms of scoring and being decisive, which he actually did because he was super strong in our start and he took the foul, so maybe without him it’s not 2-0.”

“’I don’t regret it because it’s not a muscle injury and not from physical fatigue, he is more a little bit overplayed. That is just my opinion, maybe I’m not even right, and it was the moment to give him confidence and let him play. I don’t regret it because he was decisive and things like this can happen, it’s just bad luck.”

More to come next week.

2 thoughts on “Passion Expanded”

1. I really liked how you switched up your passion blog this week, through not just discussing about a specific chapter, but implementing it into your own life. It was super cool how you connected an important part of self-help not stated in the books, and discussed it through your own personal lens. I was a huge Man U fan growing up but I kinda lost touch with them over the years. It was great to see some news on how they are doing. Also, it was interesting to see that Lukaku was not taken out despite being injured, something I had no idea coach’s could do! Great job this week.

2. I like how we are slowly moving away from the book into real world situatiuons. Eventhough I am not too big of a fan of football it was interesting to see how these events help you learn from them and develop personally. I have a similar relationship with historical events where I look at them, break them down to their basics and then learn from the mistakes made by the losing, but also the winning side.