pizza pizza pizza

Did you know it would take 22.7 years to try all of the restaurants in New York City? That means you could go 22.7 years without repeating a restaurant.

On your journey to try every restaurant in NYC, I decided to provide some insight:) On this page, you can find some of my favorite places to eat in the city, with some honest reviews!

For my first post, we’re going to start off with New York pizza … DUHHH!!!

Di Fara Pizza Expands to Williamsburg

Hand-crafted to perfection, Image Source

I’m sure you’ve all heard about the famous “Brooklyn pizza”, and I’m here to tell you, yes. Yes, it truly is worth ALL of the hype.

Di Fara Pizza is known as the best pizzeria in New York City — and it stays true to its word. The wait to eat here is can be crazy (all of the time), but as thousands attest, “it is well-worth the wait”.

It was opened by Domenico De Marco, “Dom”, in 1965 after he emigrated to NYC from Italy. He has spent 53 years perfecting his skill, and each pie is handcrafted by him. At the age of 82, Dom still works in the kitchen, along with the help of his children. Di Fara Pizza is still a family owned and operated business.

The Best Photo Locations in New York City | The Whole World Is A Playground

Famous picture spot, Image Source

Brooklyn is known for their breath-taking sites… and obviously their pizza! While you’re grabbing some food, I highly recommend you take a walk to DUMBO and possibly explore the Brooklyn Bridge. During the evenings, live music fills the air as the city lights turn on. The Manhattan skyline can be seen perfectly and will make for the perfect photo-op:)

However, you can’t leave NYC without stopping for dessert first!!

Next up, we have OddFellows Ice Cream. It was founded when Mr. Kumar needed to “find a fix” for his wife’s strange pregnancy cravings. His friend, Chef Sam, was able to throw together a few containers of pretzel ice cream to help curb her cravings. Mr. Kumar’s wife loved it so much that the trio decided to share their recipes with the world!

Known for their crazy ice cream flavors, OddFellows has “concocted more than 500 wacky and weird flavors alongside reimagined and improved classics”, since they opened in 2013.

My favorite flavors are from their “Classics Collection” — I know… #basic… but trust me, their ice cream is like no other. Even the sweet cream vanilla is the creamiest and smoothest I’ve ever had!

OddFellows Ice Cream Co. in Williamsburg - Powered by Nooklyn

A cute, aesthetic, ice cream shop. Image Source

I hope you enjoyed our first insight into nyc eatzz!!

3 Thoughts.

1. I really enjoyed reading this post! You caught my attention from the very beginning with that unbelievable statistic how you could go 22.7 years without repeating a restaurant. I can’t even imagine having so many choices! I honestly can’t wrap my head around the sheer number of restaurants that there needs to be for that to even be possible! I really like all of the context that you gave about the food and the restaurants, like how you include the history about the different restaurants, whether or not they live up to the hype, and the general scene going on around the restaurants. You made it so that it is about more than just the food, which makes it even more interesting to read. I can’t wait to continue on this tour of New York City through these restaurants!

2. I mean I’ve always known that NYC held an inordinate amount of restaurants. Learning just how many, though, has placed some real guilt on my plate. Luckily, I live under 2 hours away from the goldmine for tastebuds so I have gotten many chances to consume the wonderful treats the city has to offer. However, I am ashamed to admit that every time my family finds our way there, we go to the same restaurant. It is called Carmines and it has family size portions of delicious food and we are obsessed. After reading about Di Fara Pizza, it has become clear that the next time I am in the city I MUST break out of my comfort zone and try this famous pizza.

3. I absolutely LOVE NYC food of all types. I’ve never been disappointed by any restaurant or food truck I’ve tried (and I’ve been to a lot of them). I agree that Brooklyn pizza is much better than anywhere else, beside Italy. OddFellows definitely sounds like my type of place to eat at. I am obsessed with Ice cream and consider it my second favorite food, of course after steak. The abnormal flavors oddly sounds very exciting and I can’t wait for my next trip to New York. Thank you for these excellent recommendations and for making my mouth water!