stay safe + eat good

Over the winter, it’s extremely hard to leave the warmth of our homes and go adventure outside. Adding the precautions of COVID-19 makes it increasingly difficult to spend a day out in New York City.

You may find yourself not wanting to ride the subway to get around town, dining at a restaurant, or even just dealing with the cold weather. While this does make it more challenging to leave our caves of warmth, it doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy the amazing food NYC has to offer!

If you prefer not being in contact with others, you’re in luck! More than 21,827 restaurants in the city are offering delivery if you would like a contact-less experience!

Now onto the food:)

Image result for good thanks cafe nyc

A very aesthetic interior, but unfortunately, it’s outdoor seating only. Image Source

A place I’ve actually visited in the midst of the pandemic, and now is one of my favorites, is Good Thanks Cafe. They have a cute outdoor seating area set up, with heaters on the roof to battle the winter chill!

Image result for good thanks cafe nyc

A large variety of brunch options! Image Source

Known for their coffee, they have a wide variety of options to choose from and even do coffee art, to add to your experience! I went with their Vanilla Latte, which did not disappoint, and their pulled-pork sandwich.

I absolutely LOVED the sandwich which had a unique sauce to uplift the taste, while the latte was the perfect drink to keep me warm. I would definitely go back:)

No city trip is complete without dessert. Ever. My all time favorite dessert spot in New York City is Dominique Ansel Bakery. A little bakery located in SoHo, they are well known for their invention of the cronut — a half croissant, half donut.

Image result for what is dominique and ansel bakery famous for

A cookie shot with their frozen s’mores. Image Source

Their cronuts have been featured on the Today Show, Jimmy Fallon, and many other news outlets. While everything on their menu is amazing, my absolute favorite item are their cookie shots.

It’s a warm chocolate-chip cookie shaped like a shot-glass, and filled with their vanilla milk. As you eat it, the cookie absorbs some of the milk, making it cookie-heaven!!

There’s always a line to get into this bakery, but I’m sure you’ll come to the realization that it is worth the wait. If you go specifically to try their cookie shots, I must warn you that they only sell them after 3pm! Some other favorites from their menu include the DKA (Dominique’s Kouign Amann), Mini Madeleines, and their Blossoming Hot Chocolate (a flower marshmallow that blossoms from the heat of the hot chocolate).

I hope you decide to try some of these treats the next time you’re in New York City! They truly are some of my favorites:)