insider reviews!

On our next adventure, we’re going to start off with Cornerstone Cafe — ideal for a warm summer day!

Cornerstone Cafe - Café in New York

Perfect spot to stop for brunch w/ the pals! Image Source

Cornerstone Cafe is located in the East Village, with a variety of breakfast, lunch, BRUNCH, and dinner options. Their interior is mostly black with bricks and some string lights strung from the ceiling — a perfectly rustic aesthetic!

My favorites include their brunch sandwiches and paninis! Along with that, make sure to pair your meal with one of their top-notch smoothies — a MUST during the summer 🙂

Next up is my absolute favorite burger place in all of New York City: BareBurger.

BareBurger is a chain restaurant, however, it definitely does not disappoint. Despite the plethora of restaurants to choose from in NYC, I visit BareBurger at least once a year… now that’s saying something.

For those who are familiar with Zinburger (I’m not sure if this is a New Jersey thing… LOL), BareBurger is extremely similar. Their mission is to use local, organic, all natural and sustainable ingredients whenever possible. In fact, each BareBurger location is built with reclaimed and recycled materials!

Order Bareburger - Murray Hill Delivery Online | New York City | Menu &  Prices | Uber Eats

So appetizing! Image Source

Honestly, I love everything on their menu but if you decide to visit them, here are some things you should definitely try:

• a milkshake — they have so many different kinds, pick the one that you like best!
  • a burger (obviously) — they have several burgers on their menu, but you can always create your own as well! I would highly recommend trying one of their house sauces with your burger (my personal fav is habanero mayo)!
  • uptown fries — a fancy name for their truffle fries
  • brussel sprouts — unfortunately, I don’t think they have these on their menu anymore, but it used to be an appetizer. It was the perfect mix of crispy + seasoned… I’m honestly very upset they don’t offer it anymore 🙁
DŌ Cookie Dough Confections — Cookie Tour

Cookie dough or ice cream!? Image source

You can’t leave NYC without dessert! If you like to nibble on cookie dough when baking cookies, this is the perfect spot for you!

is the original edible cookie dough shop in New York City! I’ve never seen their shop without a line flooding out the door. They offer a variety of cookie dough flavors which range from sweet to salty; make sure you keep an eye out for their seasonal flavors as well!

I hope these eatzz have convinced you to start planning your next trip to NYC:)

food + views

Next up is a New York City staple! Smorgasburg is an all-time-favorite and gives me major summer-time vibes!

Smorgasburg is the largest weekly open-air food market in America, attracting 20,000 to 30,000 people each weekend to eat from 100 local vendors. I’ve seen them set up in areas throughout Brooklyn and even by World Trade Center!

Doing Business | World Trade Center

The food draws out thousands, and never fails to please! Image Source

Smorgasburg Williamsburg and Prospect Park Lineup 2019: Here's What to  Expect - Eater NY

Amazing eats:) Image Source

Personally, I think the idea is mind blowing! With over 23,000 restaurants in New York City (which would take 22.7 years to try), Smorgasburg sets up vendors for each affiliated establishment. At these vendors, they sell their most popular finger foods, keeping you satisfied, yet hungry enough to try the foods at other amazing vendors.

Some of my personal favorites finger foods from these vendors are the kebabs, mini sliders, waffles and ice cream, and their fresh-squeezed lemonade. On a hot summer day, these items HIT the spot:)

Smorgasburg even partners with various different events to bring food to the party. My favorite event has been one in Brooklyn, a couple of years ago. Located in Brooklyn Bridge Park (which has AMAZING views btw), Movies with a View brings a new outdoor movie, every Thursday night!

Movies with a View in Brooklyn Bridge Park - NYC on the Cheap

Watching the sunset! Image Source

To say this experience was phenomenal, is an understatement!! Brooklyn Bridge Park is located right under the Brooklyn Bridge, facing the water and the New York City skyline. The evening started off with local DJ’s getting the party started. As the sun went down, we were able to help ourselves to the food, which was set up by the ocean-front and organized by Smorgasburg. When it was dark enough, the movie was turned on, boasting the beautiful New York skyline in the background. I wish COVID wasn’t a thing, just so I could go back:(

If you’re planning a city trip for this experience, an adventure tip would be to walk the Brooklyn Bridge! It goes from Manhattan into Brooklyn, and it’s just beautiful to see the skyline in its prime. Once the movie ended, me and a thousand other viewers walked the bridge back into the city — oddly, it was a great bonding experience.

Movies With a View Bringing 'Selma,' 'Purple Rain' and More to Brooklyn Bridge Park This Summer | Brownstoner

Needed another pic with the city lights, for the full effect:) Image Source

I hope this post gave you some insight on the next food on your NYC bucket list! Along with the experience, Smorgasburg has the potential to add some great adventure to your trip as well:)