don’t forget! there’s plenty more to try when in nyc:)

Hey friends! Sadly, this is the last post of the semester:( Originally, I had a fancy post planned out — focused solely on desserts (let’s be real, no city trip is EVER complete without dessert). However, I took a city trip on our last wellness day, and plans have changed. I feel compelled to share my new finds with all of you — don’t worry there’s still plenty of sweet treats:)

For lunch, we found a cute little cafe — in West Village — called The Butcher’s Daughter. The location was extremely aesthetic and everything on the menu is vegan! They are known for their plant-based cafe + juice bar, and go by the name “vegetable slaughterhouse”. Don’t let this scare you! I got the Butcher’s Burger — which had a black-bean patty — and it did not disappoint!! They are also extremely well known for their smoothies and juices, if you plan to visit during breakfast.

The plops of whipped cream made the pizza even better! Pic taken by me!

Next up is Death by Pizza. I know. Pizza in NYC. Amazing.

BUT it gets better. Have you ever tried a nutella pizza? Well now’s your chance! While Death by Pizza serves regular pizzas, pastas, and calzones, we decided to go for something sweet. The Nutella Pizza consists of a classic homemade dough topped with nutella, strawberries, and whipped cream.

Another MUST try is Amorino Gelato. A cute shop tucked away in Greenwich Village, right on NYU’s campus. This place gave me summer vibes. Not only did they have regular gelato, but they also had fruity flavors — perfect for a pick-me-up.

To spice things up, they serve their gelato on a cone, in the shape of a flower! If you’re looking for a fruity kick to your gelato, I highly recommend the mango, strawberry, and banana flavors:)

Amorino Gelato | Gelato, Ice shop, Food

Cutest presentation! Image Source

I had so much fun trying these new spots and seriously hope you guys feel compelled to try them as well:) They were AMAZING!!

As I mentioned previously, I had originally planned on sharing more of my favorite dessert spots in the city. This includes Holey Cream, Levain Bakery, and Black Tap.

Photo of Holey Cream - New York, NY, United States. Coconut donut, moose tracks ice cream and salted caramel ice cream, topped with chocolate sauce

This donut sandwich looks delicious, Image Source

Holey Cream creatively combines two desserts into one: donuts + ice cream. They slice the donut of your choice, and put ice cream in the middle — creating a unique donut + ice cream sandwich. To top it off, you can choose the icing/glaze, and any other toppings you may want on your donut. Extremely helpful when you’re craving both and can’t pick!

If you didn’t take a pic of your cookie like this, did you even go to Levain Bakery? Image Source

Levain Bakery is known for their legendary cookies. Freshly baked, I can guarantee you have never had a better cookie. Even their cookies are photogenic!

Black Tap is a classic burger joint, but they are truly known for their milkshakes. As I like to call it, it’s basically diabetes in a cup. In my opinion, their burgers are simply average. I would recommend eating a snack prior and going for milkshakes, or ordering an array of their savory appetizers with the milkshake! Some may consider this place basic, but I think it’s worth a try!

Super overwhelming! I recommend sharing! Image Source

I hope you guys enjoyed some of my personal insights and found these places as interesting as I do! As you can tell, I’m a BIG foodie and would love to provide more recommendations:)