Melanin Haircare

The time has finally come…

Whitney White, also known as Naptural85 on YouTube has created her own haircare line, Melanin Haircare. This is a big deal in the natural hair community due to the fact that Whitney is basically the mother of natural hair. She is the reason I became natural and the reason I know how to care for my natural hair. I started watching her videos when I was 12 and I have been watching them ever since. She is such an inspiration. She inspired me to make a YouTube channel of my own. She even inspired the title of this blog.

A little background about Napturally85

Whitney started her YouTube channel in 2009. Her first video was titled “My Natural Hair Journey“. Just 9 years ago she started off with a TWA or “teeny weeny afro” and has grown her hair long and healthy through hardwork, patience, and dedication. She shared her natural hair tips and tricks through her blog and YouTube channel which encouraged women of color around the world to join her on her journey, including myself.

Melanin Haircare

Because Whitney is someone I look up to I had to be the first to snag her hair products. She has come out with two products, a twisting cream, and an oil blend. Now I’ll have to admit usually when people come out with new natural hair products I am a bit skeptical about them because usually they have no knowledge on natural hair. However I had no doubt about Whitney’s products. She has been taking care of and growing her natural hair for 9 years. And for the most part all of her natural hair advice has worked for me. She knows almost everything there is to know about natural I was in doubt that her products would fail me, and of course they didn’t. The Melanin Haircare’s twisting cream left my hair moisturized and filled with definition. The oil blend wasn’t to heavy on my hair and gave me great shine and I didn’t expect anything less

I am so proud of Whitney and can’t wait until she comes out with more products.

Pics:

Melanin  Haircare

Naptural85

Separator image .

2 Comments

Add Yours