Creating Logo’s

Beats Logo https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Beats_Electronics_logo.svg
Tour De France Logo http://logonoid.com/tour-de-france-logo/

The two logos I chose to research about were Beats Headphones and The Tour de France. I found the information on Canva on a page that talked about hidden meanings in 50 popular logos. Beats have a b in the logo to represent Beats, but the b also cuts perfectly through the circle to portray the headphones on a person’s ears. The brand is trying to allow visualization of potential customers wearing these new earphones that are of great quality and block out noise. The Tour de France logo has two hidden meanings. There is a yellow sun that is demonstrating that all of the legs of the race go on during the day time. In addition, there is a person who appears to be riding a bike within the logo. The participant makes up the letter “r” in the word Tour, and they have the cyclist grabbing the sun to kind of portray a person grabbing onto the handlebars. These two logos had a lot more hidden meaning that I realized, and it actually is really neat to see the hidden symbolism in something a lot of average customers may just take for granted.

My logo design was based on a mock company that I came up with. I called the company Steis Social Media because Steis is my last name, and I enjoy working with and using a lot of social media platforms. I liked how Beats and the Tour de France used symbolism and blending to make their logos unique, so I was hoping to incorporate some of their ideas. I used a computer to replace the a in Social Media because a lot of social media is done on laptops and desktop computers. In addition, I added my own personal touch that has more hidden meaning than meets the eye. I implemented a picture of a person in the logo because social media is all about people, and I was careful in my selection of the person’s appearance because I wanted him to have some resemblance of myself. In addition, the facial expression and body language was important because the character is deep in thought and is focused on how he could change the world for the better on social media which is one of my goals that is ongoing.