Il Terrone Va di Moda

Ciao e Benvenuto a tutti! I hope you brought your wallet for this post, because we are about to enter the store of style! Surely, you have all heard about companies like Gucci, Prada, and Versace. If this level of attire is your thing, you may want to visit Milan. Like I always say—you can take fashion away from Milano, but you can’t take Milano away from fashion. And I am sure you can name a menagerie of famous Italian products, like the Gucci belts, Prada bags, and Versace dresses. I could talk all day about the stuff you already know, but I want to knock your Gucci flip flops off. So, let’s scrap that idea; all of that is too expensive anyway. What do average Italian people wear?

See the source image

Mainly, we will focus on the clothing in Gianni Versace’s homeland: the deep south. Regions like Calabria, Sicily, and Campagna are known for having a much less wealthy, agrarian demographic (They are Farmers bumbumbumbumbumbumbum). In other words, the people down south wear fits that are simpler than the haughty designer clothes seen in the north. Okay, I know I am a big hater of the northerners, but my goal here is to Puglia (pronounced pull-ya) away from the basic culture you see in a travel magazine. Anyway, if there is one general rule of thumb for men’s style in the south, it is that everything is TIGHT! I have no clue how the guys put on some of their clothes, but they really pull off the style. For casual occasions, the men sport polos, V-necks, and button downs unbuttoned at the top. They tend to like skinny jeans (what a surprise) and chinos, which they pair with causal sneakers and sometimes loafers. If the guys feel Burberry-esque, they may even rock (I mean really rock) a scarf, experiment with colors, and sport a hat. In Italy, even the men look so fresh and so clean.

See the source image See the source image

For the women, it may be a bit more convoluted, but I’ll do my best to paint you an accurate picture. Additionally, the ladies do tend to buy more designer products. Before we get into that, however, let’s start with hair. We all know that dark Italian complexion lends to some lush, dark hair. Many Italian women embrace their inner paesana and choose not to color their hair completely blond. In terms of brands, guys and gals alike wear Lacoste, Fila, Guess, and Tommy Hilfiger. And for the attire itself, women wear clothes slightly different what is worn in America. You will see less crop-tops and high-cut tops. Not to mention, leggings would be a stretch. Overall, their style is slightly more formal than American women’s casual clothing, but many of the same ideas apply.

Now for my realm of expertise: bags. Apart from the infamous Gucci and Prada bags, Italian females love more budget-friendly purses. One of my personal favorites is the Y Not? brand bags. These purses are offered in a variety of sizes and feature prints of cities. Their colorful designs distinguish them from the boring brown Louis Vuitton bags they resemble. Another interesting bag option in Italy is the O Bag. Some key features of this brand are the modular design and recycled rubber material that is used to make the bags. As weird as it sounds, a rubber purse can really be trendy. Still not convinced” Take it from me, an Italian woman without her purse is like a pizza without the cheese—neither work properly. I hope you found this guide very useful and consider these trends if you go to Italy. But for now, I am signing off; ci vediamo presto!

See the source imageSee the source image

Useful Bag Links:

Shopping Bags da Donna Online | YNot? Milano | Borse Shopper Online

O bag | Official Online Shop | Check out the new collection