Top 25 Moments of the 14/15 NBA Season

If there has ever been an impossible task, let it be to select the top 25 best plays/moments/performances in the 2014 and 2015 NBA season. Wow. Talk about a record setting season. Very little did not happen this season if we are being honest. Today I’ll walk you through what I’m talking about as we follow Bleacher Reports Top 25 moments of this magnificent regular season of basketball… Don’s forget, we still have the playoffs.

25: At 25, we have got Derrick Williams absolutely posterizing Bismack Biyumbo. Derrick Williams really has not lived up t his hype of being the number 2 pick in the 2011 draft by the Timberwolves, but this dunk might have just about changed everything. Bismack is no small player. A 7′ center who protects his rim… and he was just trampled over.

24: At 24 we have got Dirk Nowitzki tossing up his 26,947th point to pass up Hakeem the Dream Olajuwon as the number one scoring foreign player ever to hit the NBA. The shot he hit to give him his last needed points may not have been as special, but the moment is a record no Dallas fan will ever overlook, or any fan of the NBA in general.

23: At 23 of course has got to be the return of none other than PG3. Paul George. Except this time he came back as PG13. Paul George excited all of Indiana as he stepped back onto the court after his heart breaking leg injury while playing for the Olympic team. Not only did he electrify the stadium by just stepping onto the floor, but his first shot was an off balance driving jumped from just outside the key that it looked like he was fouled while taking… but don’t worry. He still drained it.

22: At 22 we have J.R Smith catching the dime alley-oop pass from former teammate on the Knicks Iman Shumpert and tucking it between his knees before he jammed it home. Oh, did I mention this monster slam took place in no other stadium than Madison Square, against the team that traded the duo just weeks earlier? Yea. I guess I could throw that in there.

21: Bleacher Report titled this “Andrew Wiggins Baptizes Omer Asik” and I don’t think I could put it into better words myself. Wiggins is just a rookie but he threw down one of the most monstrous slams of the season on one of the best rim protecting centers in the league. Needless to say, if this was 21, you know the top 20 are going to be more than impressive.

20: At 20 we have Mo Williams dropping his unheard of 52 points. Nobody had even considered Williams a threat all season, or for the past few years after his first and only all-star debut in 2011. But he caught everyone off guard, especially the Pacers as he dropped 52 and carried his losing T-Wolves to victory against a top seeded Indiana team.

19: Anthony Davis almost made history, but what else is new? He almost became only the fourth player ever to record a quad-dub. He fell just short but put up a massive 36 points, 14 boards, 9 blocks and 7 dimes.

18: Anybody who followed the league earlier in the year knows about this dunk… James Ennis of the Miami Heat? You know about it because it was only like the seventh game of the season and people were already claiming it dunk of the year. If you haven’t seen it I suggest you click this link…

17: Zach LaVine did something that hasn’t been done since 2000. Made people jump out of their seats at the Dunk Contest. Vince Carter esque performance by LaVine made people excited once again to watch my favorite childhood event. Thank you Zach.

16: 16 is kind of a joke, but Stan Van Gundy was serious about winning in th elast .4 seconds while his team lead by 1. How do we know? He might have dropped the f-bomb in his huddle on national television…

15: Another record breaking, the Atlanta Hawks perfect month of January as they went a red hot 17-0. Another record? Never before happened? All 5 of the Hawks starters were named co-players of the month. Now that’s sweet.

14: Trevor Booker’s insane tip with .2 left on the clock. The only reason this clip isn’t higher up in the count is because it was so insignificant in terms of the game. This however, may be the most unlikely shot in the history of basketball.

13: 13 is more than just a moment, but it was the game. The meeting of the Atlanta Hawks and The GS Warriors. The holders of the two top record holders in the NBA at the top of the East and the top of the West. This game was exciting the whole way through.

12: 12 was Hassan Whiteside’s burst into fame. After playing in the D-League and being turned down by team after team, he came onto the Heat roster and started to look like a young Shaq. Let’s hope this big fella can keep it up and have a stellar career.

11: 11 was the trade deadline, which saw many stars come to new homes making the playoffs look very interesting this year. The biggest move in my mind though was Kevin Garnett’s return home. One of the greatest, one of my favorite making it home (I didn’t cry I don’t know what you’re talking about).

10: 10 was Kevin Garnett’s return home… shocker. What a way to open the top 10.

9: Kyrie went nuts against the defending champs San Antonio. He carried the Cavs to victory and shot a perfect 7 for 7 from three. Quite a performance.

8: LBJ’s return home to Cleveland. We all knew it was coming, but it did not make it any less special.

7: Craig Sager coming back to the NBA after dealing with myeloid leukemia. Sadly he is back in intensive care, but all of the NBA cannot wait any longer for his return, #prayforCraig.

6: 6 was once again something to do with Anthony Davis. His game winner against OKC that clinched their playoff birth at the 8 seed. Not to mention he had to duck under the arms of former MVP Kevin Durant and dodge the arms of yet another Thunder player. Shot was incredible.

5: Oh baby the top 5… What better way to start it off than with my hometown hero Kobe Bryant passing MJ on the all time scoring list as the third best. Love you Kobe, so does the league, and everyone there that night. The game stopped just to celebrate you, when does that happen?

4: If you don’t know about Klay Thompson’s 37 in a quarter on a perfect 13 for 13 from the field and 9 for 9 from behind the arc, get out from under your rock.

3: James Harden’s scoring explosions, you know why he is an MVP candidate. The Rockets owe their playoff spot, and any success they have this year to him.

2: Russel Westbrook. Enough said. Mr. Triple Double? What else is there to say. The man tore it up, and won the scoring title this year but still did not make the playoffs? Never has there been a more reasonable time to say,… what is life?

1: This has got to go to none other than Steph Curry. Wardell. How do you get nominated for the MVP award when you have a supporting cast like none other in the NBA? You know you are truly special. Here’s a little taste if you don’t know what or who I am talking about.

2 thoughts on “Top 25 Moments of the 14/15 NBA Season

1. This is cool, it shows the scope of all that goes on every season, because there’s a lot of it. I watched the video of James Ennis and wow. I have never seen a vertical like that. Not even just vertical though, that might be the biggest jump I’ve ever seen a human take. That was insane. I feel as though this list would be really hard to make though because it includes things that happened both on and off the court. I’m interested in seeing something that just has recaps of the best plays of the season.

2. Awesome recap of the seasons best moments. #1 still has me scratching my head I thought those moves would only be possible in a video game. I’m excited to see who wins the MVP award the race is tighter this year then it has been in a while.