|Relevant Experience||SGA President, THON member, Administrative Council, Facility Fee Committee, Constitutional Review Committee, Faculty Senate|
|Statement of Qualifications||I nominate Austin Bixler because I feel he is most qualified for the position. As a sophomore, he was able to obtain the Student Government Association role as President. At such a young age in his undergraduate career, he was able to effectively communicate with students, faculty, and staff as well as members of the Council of Commonwealth Student Governments as well as other prominent positions. He is a very hard worker and greatly perseveres through every task at hand. This is his second consecutive year as SGA President, to which he is very knowledgeable about this government structure and how to efficiently advocate for the student body of Penn State University.|
|Relevant Experience||• My experience spans across my first four semesters of college:
- Currently treasurer of PSUGA’s Health and Sciences Club (HSC)
- Current: the Red Cross Blood Drive coordinator for the fall the 2018 blood drive
- Sits in on PSUGA Student Government hearings as a representative of the HSC.
|Statement of Qualifications||I am:
• An active-listener
I have attended Leader Quest, won the GC Murphy Co. Scholarship, and I will be attending the PSU-Texas Hurricane Harvey relief trip during the week of Feb 25, 2018.
|Relevant Experience|| Comments from multiple nominees:
He’s in Student Government association and has good quality skills.
Goes to Penn State, is active in sports, shows leadership qualities.
He's really great and I've known him for a while
|Statement of Qualifications||Comments from multiple nominees:
• He’s the freshman co chair in SGA Brandywine and I think he will make a good representative of Brandywine campus.
• I think he’s the best fit to run.
• Sam is a helpful and caring student and will go out his way for anyone.
• He is a great leader and will get any job done.
• Samuel is a determined individual that truly seeks to finish any task he has started.
• Sam is active in Brandywine sports and is a caring, compassionate man towards teammates and fellow students.
• Sam shows leadership abilities and a value of sentiment that is hard to come by.
• A really determined individual with skills of leadership.
• A very helpful individual.
|Relevant Experience||SGA Upperclassmen Faculty Senate Representative (2017-2018)|
|Statement of Qualifications||I believe that I am qualified for the Student Senator job due to the experiences that I've had at the New Kensington campus throughout the first two years of my undergraduate career. I have been a Lion Ambassador for the past two years, including being elected the president this year. By being a Lion Ambassador, I have learned the New Kensington campus inside and out, and I strive to make it a better environment for all who attend. I was also a Faculty Senate Representative on our campus this year as well. By being a representative, I already have an idea of what kind of issues are brought up in Faculty Senate and can thoroughly communicate issues and ideas throughout the commonwealth.|
|Statement of Qualifications|
|Major||Business Administration Pre-major|
|Relevant Experience||I had been a representative of the Student Affairs at my high school for 3 years.|
|Statement of Qualifications||As an international student, I love to observe American society with a nation-wide mind. I have been to Hong Kong, Japan, and now I'm in America. An international mind would be helpful when dealing with issues. I have an excellent academic record at Penn State, with noticeable improvement in my piano performing skills.|
|Major||Human Development & Family Studies|
|Relevant Experience||Previous Shenango SGA Vice President (acting President in Spring semester) 2016-2017. Co-sponsor of several C.C.S.G. legislations that passed. Attended nearly 100% available C.C.S.G. meetings.|
|Statement of Qualifications||I feel more vested in the student needs, experience and welfare than a ‘traditional student’ would be, generally. My own sons are legitimately the age of many students. I wish to leave this University better than it was when I entered this glorious institution. All are my equal, or are my better. This should be measurable in our actions for students!|
|Relevant Experience||Comments from multiple nominees:
University Faculty Senate Senator; President of SGA; Previous President of Business Club; Several Campus Committees, and many more….
|Statement of Qualifications||Comments from multiple nominees:
• This student is one of 2 current senators, and I believe that he has done more for students than past senators. He makes sure that our voice is heard even when it seems that no one is listening. His motivation and determination not only has made him successful, but the right candidate for this position.
• He represents the student body and cares about all the student voices. There is not a better person that would represent all of the commonwealth as well as University Park. The students voice are the most powerful.
|Major||Liberal Arts Pre-major|
|Relevant Experience||She has previous experience. She was Senior Class Vice President, with the task of gathering sponsorship, planning events, and many other school tasks.|
|Statement of Qualifications||Prior government experience. International Relations and Affairs Major.|
|Chenxi (Carson) Su|
|Major||Business Administration Pre-major|
|Relevant Experience||• LionLaunch Innovation Hub
- Collaborating with faculty, Coordinator of Continuing Education and Director of Strategic Communications to promote Business Plan Competition and the LionLaunch Program that under Invent Penn State across Schuylkill campus
- Create videos to highlight the program and its benefit to students to encourage participation
• The Business Society, President
- Plans events and speaker engagements for members to become more aware of the field of business and trends in the industry, responsible for marketing a variety of events for the society as well as the campus
- Fundraised $289 of selling wooden roses on campus on Valentine’s Day
• Student Government Association, Treasurer
- Responsible for managing finances of all the clubs and organizations on campus
- Create and record spreadsheet for each club to be used as a balance of finances
- Connect with officers of clubs, make sure all forms are filled out
• THON, member
- Part of the largest student-run philanthropy in the world that strives to raise money towards the fight against pediatric cancer
- Canning weekend, THON Weekend
• PwC Challenge, Consulting Case Competition
- Participated in a one-week, team based, consulting case study run by PwC which evaluated the different solutions that could be used to improve a company using analytical thinking, fact-based decision-making, and collaborative action
• Deloitte Case Competition
- Connected with team of 4 across 4 majors to analyze market situation and present strategic and innovative solution and financial reports
|Statement of Qualifications||My name is Chenxi (Carson) Su from China. I am a freshman with the intention of majoring in Finance with a minor in Information Science and Technology at Penn State Schuylkill. My goal is to be a valuable asset to school and society by enriching myself with experiences at Penn State as well as in the local community. I believe that education includes more than academics. Students not only learn from their academic classes, but also from clubs, activities, and any co-curricular event where they can improve upon or develop their soft skills. I am highly involved with school activities and clubs on campus. From these experiences, I believe that I can contribute to the University Faculty Senate.|
|Sanja (Sofi) Teitsort Birog|
|Relevant Experience||Sofi is an excellent student who has the ability to handle different responsibilities, and who has the organizational skills to manage all of them effectively. She is also engaged in undergraduate research, where she promotes science literacy on campus by recruiting and managing participants.|
|Statement of Qualifications||As a new transfer student, part of my experience here has been adapting to this new environment, as well as bringing my own experiences to campus. I have been a member of different communities, and have found my time at Penn State very enjoyable. One of the first people I met here was Sofi. I found her to be a great representation of the Penn State student body: she is intelligent and driven, while also being personable and easy to talk to. I do not pretend to know what all of the issues that are facing students, or the names of the many students who are certainly qualified to hold this position. However, I do know Sofi, and I trust her abilities to lead, cooperate, negotiate, and overall to help make life on campus better for all students. I have the utmost confidence in her ability to represent the students of Penn State.|
|Relevant Experience||Chevelle Thomas is a sophomore here at Penn State Brandywine. Chevelle is one of many involved students with various leadership experience, communication experience in front of people, teamwork experience with other students and more. She has worked with other students as a peer mentor, tutor, and orientation leader. Leadership positions she currently holds are secretary of Student Government Association and overseer of Student Affairs and Freshmen Representative chair positions, treasure of the Blue and White Society, and a shift leader at her job. Communications skills she has obtained from giving tours around campus, giving speeches, and working with other students.|
|Statement of Qualifications||I think Chevelle Thomas is qualified for this position because she is very hardworking and when she puts her mind to something she does not give up. She is a very involved student in many clubs and committees on campus. Anything you ask of her she will give it her all and work hard to make sure its done both on time and accurately. She takes pride in the work she does and here at Penn State. She has had many opportunities like representing Penn State Brandywine at ALL-U Day, giving a speech on Accepted Students Day, speaking to the Board of Trustees at a conference, and more. Chevelle Thomas is a great example of what we like to see as a college student on campus. I know if she is selected she will give this position her all and work hard as she does at everything else.|
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Betsy Jeschke via email or at 814-863-0327