Veg Girl RD

[veggirlrd.com]

As I was on the hunt for a blog that interested me and seemed like an enjoyable read from day to day, I searched the word ‘vegetarian’ in the search engine bar on the Nutrition Blog Network. There were two full pages that appeared, but the title that attracted me the most was Veg Girl RD with a description reading “A diary of vegetarian food from a dietitian’s perspective.  I’ll share nutrition tips, mealtime hints, and shopping ideas for a plant-based diet.  Together we’ll explore healthy food in your home, your neighborhood, your region, and your world.” I was immediately intrigued. As a vegetarian, I often hear controversy on whether vegetarianism is a healthy lifestyle choice or not and as my search ended, I was more than pleased to find a nutrition professional that believes a vegetarian diet can be a healthful diet.

Veg Girl RD is a blog run by Kristine Duncan, Master of Science in Nutrition, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, and Certified Diabetes Educator who is a vegetarian blogger who enjoys expressing her views on her personal diet, diet fads, and nutrition tips all while sharing recipes, vegetarian-friendly restaurants, and much more. Kristine constructs her blog in a very cute, simple, and tasteful manner appearance wise. She has links above her main heading that organize each of her blogs into categories as follows: Dining out, Nutrition, Travel, Products I like, Recommended Recipes, and Menus. Kristine addresses her readers informally, but I find this to be more personable and intriguing. I believe composing a blog in an informal fashion allows the reader to effortlessly comprehend what they are reading, making it an easy and leisurely read.

Kristine writes her blog in more of an opinion-based manner providing her personal insight on her experiences with certain products, restaurants, and recipes. She provides nutrition tips that seem well educated and supported. She does not provide any sources to where she obtains her information, but seeing that she does more reviews and personal experiences, she always has a link to the product, restaurant, and etc. when applicable readily available in her posts via.

Kristine’s blog certainly engages vegetarians. In my personal opinion, I am always looking for new foods to try from recipes and easy meals to grab from different restaurants and health stores. Since Kristine tends to travel frequently and updates her blog regularly, she keeps her audience intrigued by these consistent posts and writing realistic reviews on products, vegetarian friendly stores and restaurants, and even recipes! I find that her advocacy of vegetarianism engages many people by offering help and advertising the vegetarian lifestyle in a convenient manner. I admire that she offers insight to not only fellow vegetarians but also people who are leaning towards a vegetarian lifestyle or are simply interested in learning more about it.

I find Veg Girl RD to be friendly, welcoming, interesting, and a well-organized blog. I hope to incorporate Kristine’s casual and conversational tone within my blog posts to offer a more personable approach to my audience. I look forward to continuing my blog posts and cannot wait to write with Kristine’s blogging fashion as an inspiration!

This entry was posted in Jan 30 Nutr Related Blog, Welcome and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.