Yeah, Imma eat that

One of the things I enjoy most about immaeatthat’s blog is her tone and style of writing. Instead of taking a formal approach, she (Kylie) writes in everyday language so that her personality shines through. In my opinion, this is something that is so necessary for a successful blog. After all, real and relatable blogs are the ones that are more likely to inspire audience.

Kylie is a dietetic intern and MPH candidate, and will be graduating this May 2015. She has the training and skill set to create and share healthy and realistic meals, which is exactly what she does. Instead of promoting a purely “clean” diet, Kylie encourages a balanced nutritious diet. I really like that she creates recipes that don’t require a huge skill set to make, but are still unique enough to spark interest in the reader. Kylie focuses on using whole ingredients in her recipes, which in turn ensures for a nutritional outcome. Her recipes aren’t extravagant and time consuming, which is something I often see in nutrition blogs. The fact that Kylie can create nutritious meals that don’t take hours to prepare is very enticing to readers. Making a transition to eating more healthily can be scary and off-putting, but with the reassurance that it won’t take over all your time, it will just seem that much more doable. The first step in converting to a healthier lifestyle is believing in yourself, and the fewer obstacles that are presented, the easier that will be.

Throughout her almost daily food posts, Kylie also includes personal blogs, whether they be about a date night with her husband, or the top 5 things she learned in 2014. Although these posts are the minority of the site, they help the reader to get a more well rounded idea of who Kylie is outside of the blogging world. Kylie is very transparent in this aspect—she has it written in her ‘about’ page that she goes out to eat at least once a week, and that spending money on food is something she doesn’t feel bad about. She acknowledges that sometimes you just can’t picture yourself cooking dinner, and that’s perfectly fine. It’s refreshing to see a health professional not pretending to be a perfect model of eating healthy no matter the circumstance.

Another thing that I really enjoy about this blog is how there are multiple classic recipes that are made “healthier” with a few adjustments. Craving brownies? Maybe some cookies? Kylie has a massive collection of dessert recipes, all of them tweaked slightly to appeal to the health conscious side in all of us. And for those times when you just need a sweet treat but don’t want leftovers around to tempt you, there’s a whole eBook for that. Kylie created an eBook dedicated solely to single serving cookie recipes—35 in total. The creativity that is visible throughout this blog is something that I admire and would love to try to incorporate into my own blog posts.

Screenshot-2015-01-29-23.33.01

The layout of this blog is simple, which I appreciate. It’s easy to navigate, especially where it matters (i.e. the recipe page). Kylie uses various tags for her recipes, so an alphabetical list of all the tags used is a quick way to locate exactly what you want, or find new dinner inspiration. If you just want find a new breakfast recipe without looking through various tags, then recipes sorted by category are just a click away.

This entry was posted in Feb 6 Nutr Related Blog and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.