Set your Limits and Control your Freedom

Complete diet freedom leads to an angry mind, temporary happiness, and low self-esteem. Restrictions on diet leads to an angry mind and uncontrollable cravings. It’s either tracking every calorie or no calorie limit. Why is there no in between? Can we have a life of freedom and a life of comfort? If we don’t fit into that pair of jeans, if the number on the scale isn’t what we want it to be, if we eat one more piece of chocolate than we wanted to, we immediately blame our bodies. As if it was our body’s fault for these unfortunate events.

The honest feelings and insightful reminders Jacki Monaco states in her blog post attracted my attention and kept me reading. Binge eating and the feelings the body experiences throughout that process is something that most females can relate to. Her informal, conversational style of writing allows the audience to connect and be reminded that they’re not alone in their struggles. The post is designed in a way to talk reason into its readers. It emphasizes the importance on respecting your body for how it was made. Jacki designed her blog to provide inspiring tips to help aid readers in creating a healthy balance of clean eating but also to be ok with splurging every once in awhile. She bolds important words and asks multiple questions that force the readers to analyze their own feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. She also includes pictures to give the readers a visual aid to help remember her charitable points.

The supportive and inspiring information provided in the blog are based on Jacki’s personal experiences. Although the information is accurate, it is not evidenced-based. However, she does provide other related articles that help support her ideas and reiterate the points she makes. At the end of the entry, a binge eating specialist is referenced and her information is given if additional help is needed.

Just as Jacki motivates her audience to master balancing their diets between having complete freedom and having no freedom, in a similar way, she does an excellent job of balancing the serious topic of binge eating while using an encouraging tone to deliver her message effectively and engage the interest of the readers. Her technique of being serious when necessary, but positive whenever she can is something I would like to incorporate into my own blogs. Her style of writing is aggressive and to the point, but is also uplifting and influential. She understands the feelings and struggles of the audience and approaches them in a respectful manner. Jacki helps her audience learn to respect and love themselves. She finishes her post with this statement, “Remember – repeatedly kicking yourself in the butt won’t help you kick butt on your journey. It will only slow you down.” If I can inspire and motivate my readers like she does, I will be a proud blogger.

http://www.fitwoman.com/blog/2015/02/11/the-binge-eating-diaries-freedom-tight-clothes/

This entry was posted in Feb 13 Nutr Related Blog and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.