Below is an internship opportunity with Smucker’s for summer 2014. Junior level students and higher are appropriate to apply if you meet the criteria listed. This is open to any option in NUTR. However, if you are in Dietetics and a junior, this opportunity would work for your NUTR 495 Field Experience.
Please move quickly if you are interested in applying for this, as Smucker’s will be reviewing applications very soon. You need to apply online at: Summer Internship
For more than 110 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of fruit spreads, retail packaged coffee, peanut butter, shortening and oils, ice cream toppings, sweetened condensed milk, and health and natural foods beverages in North America. Its family of brands includes Smucker’s®, Folgers®, Dunkin’ Donuts®, Jif®, Crisco®, Pillsbury®, Eagle Brand®, R.W. Knudsen Family®, Hungry Jack®, Café Bustelo®, Café PilonTM, White Lily® and Martha White® in the United States, along with Robin Hood®, Five Roses®, Carnation® and Bick’s® in Canada. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit www.smuckers.com
Intern, Industry and Government Affairs
Regulatory Compliance Analyst
Orrville, OH (Greater Cleveland/Akron area)
We offer the benefit of intern housing assistance, for those that qualify based on proximity to ensure interns have a positive experience and are financially able to afford living for the length of the internship.
Supervised field experience related to food manufacturing, with a focus on Regulatory Compliance. This internship is appropriate for Nutrition and Dietetics, Environmental Science, Food Law or other related majors.
The student can expect to do one or more of the following:
- Work with his/her Mentor(s) to develop specific learning objectives that can be readily identified and reviewed periodically throughout the work period.
- Learn how to review a variety of food labels, advertisements and websites for technical Regulatory compliance.
- Assist in setting up items and ingredients in a specification management system.
- Learn about tracking various Sustainability factors.
- Assist with, or have exposure to, a variety of food industry initiatives.
- Receive an exit interview, and a performance appraisal, prior to the end of the internship.
- Complete a brief orientation to various disciplines within Industry and Government Affairs
- Complete work as assigned
- Participate in an exit interview and performance appraisal prior to the end of the internship
- Prepare and present a summary of the internship, including assignments, benefits, and improvement opportunities.
- Completed junior year of an undergraduate degree in related field
- Available to work 30-40 hours weekly for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Excellent academic performance record
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
The J.M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.