If you are a Junior or Senior in the Dietetics option and have an interest in getting your graduate degree and doing your Dietetic Internship through the US Military, I encourage you to look at the US Military Graduate Program in Nutrition and Dietetic Internship at Baylor University.
- The program accepts 10 students
- It is a paid internship
- Application deadline is December 1, 2014
- A 4-6 month lead time is highly recommended for applying to the program
- Graduate Program in Nutrition (GPN) webpage: This site provides information on the curriculum, applying to the program, what graduates think of the program and more! http://www.baylor.edu/graduate/nutrition/
- Facebook page: This site will provide a snapshot experience of what it is like to attend the GPN /US Military Dietetic Internship Program. Preview the GPN video and feel free to join the lively discussion on current research/topics/events, fabulous recipes, and challenging fitness workouts. http://www.facebook.com/groups/118624801562962/
Application process: the first step is to contact a recruiter
The Army Recruiting Mission is divided by geography and mission. Applicants should specifically seek out an SP healthcare recruiter. (Once commissioned as officers, Army dietitians are assigned to the Army Medical Specialist or SP Corps.) These recruiters are most familiar with the Army Medical Department and the U.S. Military-Baylor Master’s Program in Nutrition. An applicant should contact the recruiter assigned to their local area, as described below. Recruiters can also be accessed through www.goarmy.com. Specifically seek out an SP healthcare recruiter when contacting this site
Army- Northeast Region is served by 1st Medical Recruiting Battalion. The SP Healthcare Recruiter is CPT Yaoyao Zhu This battalion serves the following areas: CT, DE, MA, ME, MD, NH, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV, Washington DC, and also Americans living in Germany.
CPT Yaoyao Zhu, DScOT, OTR/L, SP SSG Tamika S. Wright
1st Medical Recruiting Battalion
Cell: (443)-694-9097 (443) 306-9964 (local cell/ text)
Office: (410)-379-2055 (410) 379- 2055
Speak with a Current Student or Graduate? Note we have a recent Penn State grad who just started the program.
Graduates and current students love to talk with interested candidates about our program. Contact LTC Leslie Moskowitz (see contact below) if you are interested in speaking with a GPN student.
Please indicate GPN Military Internship in subject line.
484-725-0754 (Call or text)