The Foodservice Management Internships are paid internships sponsored by NACUFS. In existence for more than 50 years, the program allows student interns to work in a campus foodservice department for eight weeks each summer.
Students in 391/495: this internship will count toward your summer field experience.
The foodservice management internship was created to:
- Introduce aspiring professionals to the challenging opportunities available in college and university food service, a profession that is experiencing tremendous growth and exciting change.
- Provide on-the-job experiences that will prepare students for responsible positions in college and university food service management after graduation.
- Provide a unique overview while working in a real life setting, seeing firsthand how classroom theory meets the real life work world. This will give you great insight to your first professional job interview after graduation.
For more information see the website for the internship program at: http://www.nacufs.org/internships
A few things of importance:
- The deadline for students to apply is Friday, January 23rd, 2015
- Please note, this is a paid internship ($1600 minimum) with free room and board
If you have any questions concerning the program please call or e-mail:
Chair, Foodservice Management Internship Committee
Assistant Director of Residential Dining
University of Northern Iowa
Dept. of Res, Redeker Center
1501 Redeker Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50614