PSDAC hires undergraduate students at competitive wages who are nutrition majors in the Department of Nutritional Sciences or who are seeking a minor in nutrition as part of Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management or Human Development and Family Studies degree.
The job is flexible enough to accommodate the busy schedules of students. It requires an extensive training program that consists of learning about diet assessment methodology, interview techniques, nutrition research software, and the research studies conducted in the PSDAC. Once fully trained, employees independently conduct telephone interviews with research participants to collect 24-hour dietary recalls.
The job requirements are as follows:
- Must be a sophomore/junior non-dietetics major, or sophomore dietetics major
- Must be willing to commit to 1 year of employment
- Must be willing to work during the summer and winter/spring breaks
- Must be willing to work evenings and some weekends
- Must be willing to work several 3 to 4 hour shifts per week (~10-15 hours total)
If interested, please contact Kristen Cox, PSDAC Project Coordinator, at email@example.com, or stop by the PSDAC in 108 Chandlee Lab and see her to learn more!