Pittsburgh Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Leadership Development Award

Academy Foundation Pittsburgh Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Leadership Development Award Deadline to Apply is April 1, 2017. Don’t miss this opportunity!

Each year, the Academy Foundation makes available over 35 awards and grants for Academy members. Awards are focused in various areas including: continuing education, international, program and professional development and are available for students as well as practicing RDNs.  Award amounts range from $250-$5,000. This past year Lean Aiken received a $1000 prize as the winner of the 2016 Pittsburgh Academy Leadership Development Award. Lena had this to say about receiving the award, “Receiving the 2016 Pittsburgh Academy Leadership Development Award allows me to network with colleagues and develop my skills as a leader.  It also means that I am able to learn the newest research within the field of Dietetics and use the knowledge that I gain to grow in my career.”

This fund was established to recognize emerging leaders among students currently enrolled in a supervised practice program and encourage their participation in Association activities. The award will cover expenses (up to $1,000) for one qualified applicant to attend the Academy’s Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®). Applicants must be enrolled in an ACEND accredited program in Western Pennsylvania. Preference will be given to members of the Pittsburgh Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.

Find additional information about all Foundation awards and download an application.