Are you thinking about a graduate degree after graduation? The Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Nutritional Sciences is a online graduate degree offered through Penn State’s World Campus and the Department of Nutritional Sciences. The MPS in Nutritional Sciences is designed to help prepare you for evidence-based advanced practice. Our online program features a curriculum that emphasizes critical thinking and interactive technology to engage you in the learning process. The course work is focused on the development of leadership skills in various nutrition practice settings including clinical, research, community, and management. Our curriculum has been developed to create a skill set that you can use to apply to your experiences and issues in the workplace. The courses are based on a student-centered, highly interactive learning model. We use diverse, innovative teaching and learning methods that consider various learning styles and will help you tailor your education to your career needs and set you apart from your peers.
We have two pathways within this degree:
- MPS Degree Only (30 credits online) —completely online and can be completed in 24 months. Great for RDN’s, other health professionals seeking career cross-training or change of career.
- MPS Degree with Experiential Track (RDN Pathway–39 credits in total)–this option integrates the core 30 credit MPS curriculum with 3 semesters of in-residence supervised experiential learning in food service management, clinical nutrition and community nutrition at one of our two geographic locations: University Park, PA or Harrisburg/Hershey, PA. Upon graduation, students receive a verification statement and are eligible to sit for the RDN exam. 24 month long program.
Learn more at our Informational Webinar
Join us on Tuesday, September 29, 2020– 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm EDT to learn more about the program. Click here to register! This program is a great way to:
- November 15, 2020 for spring (2021) semester admission to MPS only
- February 15, 2021 for summer (2021) semester admission to Experiential Track (RDN Pathway)
- April 15, 2021 for summer (2021) semester admission to MPS only
Apply via the online Penn State Graduate School Portal. Required Materials:
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA (minimum of 3.0 on 4.0 scale)
- 3 professional references
- Personal Statement
- Work/Experience Supplemental Hours form (Experiential Track only)
For more information and how to apply, visit our website.
Gina Pazzaglia, PhD, RDN, MPS Director & Associate Outreach Professor/Instructor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Denise Lawson, MS, RDN, Supervised Experiential Learning Coordinator & Assistant Teaching Professor, email@example.com