The Dept. of Nutritional Sciences Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Nutritional Sciences Experiential Track is a competency-based Future Graduate program for students seeking the RDN credential and a master’s degree.
We are looking to add 15 qualified students to our 2nd class of the Experiential Track (starting Summer 2020); we will continue accepting applications on a rolling basis through April 15th.
- ACEND-accredited Future Graduate Program
- 24-month long program; RDN exam eligible upon graduation
- Core MPS curriculum with emphasis in leadership and advanced practice with capstone project
- 39 credits in total (33 credits online + 6 credits in residence)
- Online didactic coursework integrated with threesemesters of in-residence supervised experiential learning (SEL) in food service management, clinical nutrition and community nutrition
- Two geographic locations for SEL: University Park, PA or Harrisburg/Hershey, PA. (indicate preference upon application)
- Program begins in the summer semester—May 18th, 2020—with online coursework only for this semester.
- SEL’s start in the fall of year 1 through end of summer year 2, online coursework ONLY for the last 2 semesters of the program (fall and spring year 2)
- Verification Statement not required to apply
Application Requirements: Students will apply through the Penn State Graduate School online application system only (not DICAS).
- Cumulative GPA ≥ 3.0
- Official Transcripts from Bachelor’s degree as well as transcripts from any other institutions where courses were taken towards the bachelor’s degree
- NO GRE required
- Documentation of 500 hours of volunteer and/or work experience of which 300 hours must be nutrition/dietetics related
- Personal Statement
- 3 professional references
- Deadline is April 15th, 2020 to Penn State Graduate School (program is not using DICAS or D&D)
Questions? Please contact Shawnee Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org