The Student Engagement Network is now accepting grant applications for summer 2019! Apply now
Through a competitive application process, awards are given to undergraduate students from across Penn State’s campuses, including World Campus. Grant recipients may use funding to cover the costs of living (i.e. housing, food, transportation), supplies and materials for events and presentations, and other costs related to an engagement experience.
Engagement experiences cover a wide variety of learning and growth opportunities, including research, internships, co-ops, study abroad, study away, service learning, artistic creation and performance, participation in student and professional clubs and organizations, peer mentoring, and philanthropic service, among others.
The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Friday, March 15.
Additional details about the grant program, including eligibility, requirements, and information about how to prepare a competitive application, can be found at engage.psu.edu/students/grants
For the most recent news and announcements regarding Student Engagement Network opportunities, follow @EngagePennState on Twitter. For general questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call (814) 863-5995.
The Pennsylvania Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (PAND) announces their 2019 scholarships!
- Eligible nutrition students (DPD students, Coordinated Students, Dietetic Interns, and graduate students in dietetics-related programs) who are student members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and have a GPA of 2.8 or higher are encouraged to apply.
- One general scholarship ($1,000) and one diversity scholarship ($1,000) are available.
- Three letters of recommendation are needed: please start the process early.
For more information and to apply online please visit our website at: www.eatrightpa.org
The deadline for application is JANUARY 10, 2019, so don’t delay!
The University of Delaware Master of Science in Human Nutrition (MSHN) has several funded assistantships (tuition waiver and stipend) available for the 2019-2020 school year.
Interested applicants can visit https://sites.udel.edu/bhan/graduates-index/mshn/ to learn more about our program and application requirements. Applicants should visit http://grad.udel.edu/apply/ to apply to the University of Delaware.
Additional information about our MSHN and PhD programs in Nutrition is below.
University of Delaware funded assistantships-1gc7dfx
University of Delaware PhD Description
Check out these opportunities recently announced by the College of Health and Human Development:
- The College of Health and Human Development will be offering Summer Research Funds for undergraduates to complete research under the direction of a faculty mentor for summer 2019. Funds may be used for student expenses and project costs. Students interested in requesting this funding can fill out the form at https://hhd.psu.edu/summer-undergraduate-research-grants or submit all materials via mail/email to Heather Zimmerman, Administrative Assistant to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, 344 Health and Human Development Building, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note faculty supervisor requirements below. Students must be enrolled in a College of HHD major or be a premajor HHD student. Deadline is January 31, 2019. Applicants will be notified by the end of March 2019 regarding funding decisions.
- The Student Engagement Network Grant Program is accepting applications for Spring 2019! The SEN will be awarding grants of up to $3,000 to support student engagement experiences. Examples include financial support for unpaid internships or research opportunities, living expenses, travel costs, and conference fees. Grant funding can also be used to compensate a student working fewer hours in order to be involved in a student club or organization on campus. The application can be found at http://www.engage.psu.edu/students/grants/. If you have questions about the grant program or how to apply, visit us in 102 HUB-Robeson Center, email email@example.com, or call us at our new number, (814) 863-5995.
- Undergraduate students are now able to apply for the 2019 Erickson Discovery Grants, with applications due in January instead of February. Each year dozens of undergraduate students from all campuses are selected to receive a $3,500 grant in support of student engagement in original research, scholarship and creative work under the supervision of a faculty member. This year applications will be open from Oct. 15 through Jan. 21, 2019. Those interested in applying can do so here.
- The application for Lion Ambassadors is now open for current Sophomores and Juniors, and they would love to have a strong representation of College of Health and Human Development students in our new class. If you have any questions or would like further information, please feel free to reach out directly to Nick Pazuchanics at President@Lionambassadors.com. The application is due December 8 and is found at: http://www.lionambassadors.com/join.html
Community Nutrition Graduate Student Research Assistantship
The Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Science at Utah State University is looking to hire a Ph.D., MS, or MPH student with a focus in community nutrition. This student would be employed for two years through a USDA Farmers Market and Local Food Promotion Program grant, titled Connecting low-income/at-risk and ethnic/minority populations to Utah direct market farmers and farmers markets. Year two is contingent upon satisfactory job performance in year one. Further funding for additional years of study may be available through other jobs or teaching assistantships.
Start Date: January 2019
- $15,000/year for a 12-month appointment
- Full graduate tuition ($14,000+ value for in-state, the student would be responsible for any class/student fees)
- Subsidized health insurance
Primary job duties:
- Conducting a needs assessment to guide the design of a statewide marketing and outreach campaign targeted to low-income/at-risk and ethnic minority populations across the state regarding where to find farmers markets/direct market farmers that accept SNAP.
- Writing a best-practices guide for marketing to the lower-income consumer and at risk and ethnic minority populations
- Developing evaluation procedures and tools
- Collecting data in person, online, and over the telephone
- Analyzing data
- Developing reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Enrollment in Utah State University Graduate Studies Program (MS, MPH, or Ph.D. in the Department of Nutrition, Dietetics and Food Sciences) at the Logan, UT campus.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA in the last 60 credit hours and
- Must have a score of at least the 40th percentile on the GRE
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, public health, or a related field.
- Previous experience with (or knowledge of) conducting a community needs assessment.
- Previous experience with (or knowledge of) conducting quantitative survey research.
- Previous experience with (or knowledge of) conducting qualitative data collection and/or analysis.
- Drivers license and insurance.
Percent of Time or Hours per Week: 20 hours per week (in addition to time needed for your academics, including your thesis, dissertation, or final project).
- Cover Letter (please include:
- Information about how you meet the minimum requirements
- Information about how you meet the preferred qualifications (if you do, don’t worry if you don’t meet all or any of these)
- Information about any relevant previous job or academic experience (see Primary job duties above, and don’t worry if you don’t have previous experience, you will be trained and work as part of a team).
- Why you want to get a graduate degree
- Why you are interested in Community Nutrition
- What you want to do when you are done with your degree
- Names and contact information of 3 references
- Writing sample
Please email Dr. Mateja Savoie Roskos (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Carrie Durward (email@example.com) with the required documentation or if you have any questions about this position.
More information is available at https://mph.usu.edu/assistantship/
The Student Engagement Network is now accepting grant applications for fall 2018! Individual awards of up to $3,000 are available to undergraduate students who are looking to expand their experience beyond the classroom.
Funding can cover unpaid internships, research opportunities, travel costs, living expenses, event fees, supplies and materials, books, software needed for projects and presentations, and more. Funding can also be used as compensation to work less hours in order to be involved in a club or organization.
The application will close end of day on Friday, August 31. Award notifications will be sent on Friday, September 14. For questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Student Engagement Network office at (814) 863-5995.
The College of Engineering and the College of Health and Human Development announce the 2018 Penn State Summer Translational Cardiovascular Science Institute. This program, sponsored by the American Heart Association, is available to undergraduate students with a demonstrated interest in cardiovascular science who have completed more than 60 credits and have a grade point average of 3.25 or greater.
Penn State students are required to spend two additional semesters in lab after the completion of the STCSI summer program. The STCSI will fund up to ten undergraduate students to conduct research related to cardiovascular disease, focusing in particular on the cellular mechanisms of cardiovascular disease pathology, the determinants of cardiovascular disease risk across the lifespan, and the development of cardiovascular device technology to address disease. This research will be conducted during the summer 2018 (10 weeks from May 29–August 3) under the direction of one or more faculty members.
Stipend: A stipend of $4,000 will be provided for each student. For more information, contact:
Keefe Manning, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Schreyer Honors College
Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Surgery
Lacy Alexander, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Kinesiology
Every year, the Amgen Scholars Program provides 240 selected undergraduate students with the opportunity to engage in a hands-on research experience at many of Europe, USA, and Asia’s premier educational institutions – posted on Trialect . Eligible students enrolled at colleges and universities throughout the world may apply. Stipend, Housing and round-trip travel costs are covered and the amount depends on the host University. Depending up on where you live, you can apply to the following programs:
To apply, visit the following links:
Amgen Scholars Europe
Amgen Scholars USA
Amgen Scholars Worldwide
- Please do not contact Trialect for any award-related queries. Instead, please use the weblink listed above.
- Please add email@example.com to your contact list so our emails are directed to your inbox.
The Northern Hemisphere Summer Research scholarships are a great way to develop international research collaborations with leading researchers at the University of Auckland, gain valuable research experience, and experience living and studying in Auckland.
- Conduct a research project under supervision for eight weeks between June and August at New Zealand’s leading university.
- Receive a tax-free stipend of up to NZ$4,400 and NZ$2,000 towards your travel.
- Open to students from selected international universities.
For more information on the benefits of the Northern Hemisphere scholarships, visit Why do a Northern Hemisphere Summer Research Scholarship? or email us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply here: https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/for/current-students/cs-scholarships-and-awards/cs-search-for-scholarships-and-awards/university-of-
Naked Nutrition, a supplement company, is offering a $1,500 scholarship for the 2018 academic year. Any student is eligible to apply. For full details on the scholarship and how to apply, you can go to:https://nkdnutrition.com/pages/academic-scholarship
Please contact Melissa Yanovych, Marketing Manager |Naked Nutrition
if you have any questions. She can be reached via email at email@example.com.