Different Types of Fun in Games

Throughout my life i have played a wide variety of games, from sports to Call of Duty. I have always been a gamer since i started out on the Sega Genesis to now playing on the playstation 4. But in these games, there are different kinds of fun that can be experienced while playing them.  Different sensations can be experienced while observing different kinds of fun. When i played Sonic the Hedgehog on Sega Genesis, some of the bosses where pretty difficult to beat and conquer and in Army of Two, you have to execute nearly impossible objectives to complete the mission and in Call of Duty on other consoles where some of the levels on the campaign mode were frustratingly difficult. While playing these games i experienced a challenging kind of fun some of the levels and stories throughout the games were pretty difficult to get through. I guess you could say that Assassin’s Creed gives me a narrative kind of sensation where the characters are telling the story or someone in the background is narrating it during gameplay or a discovery kind of sensation like Super Mario World for Nintendo 64, i really enjoyed that game, it was a classic. i Liked how how had to find certain things throughout Mario to unlock new worlds or portals to advance in the game. I believe that you had to collect stars to unlock doors and they were sometimes challenging to find. I play a lot of sports games like the Madden games, MLB The Show, or NHL that is what i spend the most time playing now and they give me a submission kind of feeling when i am playing those games. I really like to play them because i like sports in real life and i play and follow baseball religiously.

Another discovery game that i play religiously is the Grand Theft Auto series on any console. I adore those games, the story is great on every one in the series and the online is always fun to play with friends that you can not see when you are away at college like me. I play GTA with my friends from back home in Pittsburgh a few times a week and we always enjoy ourselves forming gangs, stealing jets and catching up on things. I guess you could say that there is a sense of fellowship in GTA when you are playing together as a gang with friends.

I guess you could say i am a sports gamer or an adventure gamer. I like playing through a good story like Assassins Creed, GTA, Spyro, and an occasional game of Mario. Am i suprised at these results?? Not really i knew what kind of games i was into and liked to play in my free time and with my friends.