Passion

Lysney Adario included the story of her Nana’s missed chance at love to emphasize the meaning and advice behind the last line  “And I never wanted to regret the kisses I missed” to the readers. I think her memoir is thematized through this piece of advice that she learned and wants to pass on. Adario wants to show us how to define a passion. Throughout her memoir, she talks about how she missed a lot back home, as well as opportunities for love because she was overseas fulfilling her passion, photojournalism. I think Nana’s story helps Adario show, that her passion is truly her work as a photojournalist because she shows us that she doesn’t regret the missed “kisses” since she was filling the time with her passion. I think this shows the importance of her passion, and how a person should define a passion in their life. I think this story helps Adario show how her passion is her work as a photojournalist.

One way that I was going to thematize my blog on horse back riding was to show what I’ve learned through my different experiences horseback riding and how much riding has shaped me. I also wanted to talk about my journey on the equestrian team at PSU. I could talk about how I got ready for the tryout/the tryout itself to show how my journey began. I think I’m going to end up doing that and a way to thematize my blog would be to show why horseback riding is my passion and why it means so much to me. I feel like a lot of people don’t understand why we (riders) are willing to get up at the crack of dawn and spend hours with our horses so I want to help people understand the sport and why it’s so meaningful and such an important part of my life.

One thought on “Passion”

1. Kiki, I love the idea of your idea of a blog denoting your journey as a rider. I think Addario used the anecdote about her Nana as a way to digress from her passion, and be vulnerable about losing something that’s impartial to her happiness. When writing your passion blog, I think this could help readers connect with you and your story more readily. Specifically, by exposing to your readers why riding is so important to you, or what was a certain event that almost caused you to reevaluate your choice to join the equestrian team? By discussing your fears and genuine reflections, your blog will become more personable and self exposing; readers will be more engaged.