Truly, it is not the end, it is just the beginning of a wonderful blog about my cupcake experiences.
I plan to continue with my plan to find the best cupcake in America, a cupcake that manages to supersede that of Georgetown Cupcake, the current winner in my book. At this point, I would like to reflect and rate my favorite ten cupcakery experiences over the years.
Current Leaderboard- Top Ten
- Georgetown Cupcake- Washington, D.C.
- The Sweet Lush Cupcakery- Dunmore, Pennsylvania
- Vanilla Pastry Studio- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Baked by Melissa- New York, New York
- Crumbs Bakeshop- New York, New York
- Smallcakes- Kansas City, Missouri
- SAS Cupcakes- Newark, Delaware
- SWEET Cupcakes- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Carlos Bakery- Hoboken, New Jersey
- Cupcakes Gourmet- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Now that you know the most important information, I would love to make a game plan for what I will do next, through the coming years as a cupcake enthusiast. I am interested in making a bucket list of cupcakeries which I would love to visit. That way, I could document my cupcake excursions through the coming years, once my English 137H course ends this summer.
Bucket List of Sweet Stops
- Sprinkles Cupcakes- New York, New York
- Mad Mac NYC- New York, New York
- Buttercup Bakeshop- New York, New York
- Robicelli’s- Brooklyn, New York
- Magnolia Bakery- New York, New York
- Butter Lane- New York, New York
- Billy’s Bakery- New York, New York
- Hello Cupcake- Washington, D.C.
- Red Velvet Cupcakery- Washington, D.C.
- The Icing on the Cake- Newton, Massachusetts
- Treat Cupcake Bar- Needham, Massachusetts
- Mama Cakes- Westfield, Mass.
- Lulu’s Sweet Shoppe- Boston, Mass.
- Brown Betty Dessert Boutique- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Cake Life Bake Shop- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Iced by Betsy- Royersford, Pennsylvania
- Sweet Elizabeth’s Cakes- Manyunk Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Pamcakes Philly Cupcakery- Rittenhouse Square, Philly, PA
- Billy Burger and Bakery- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Philly Cupcake- A Cupcakery Boutique- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Whipped Bakeshop- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Pink Cake Box- Dennville, New Jersey
In the time between the Summer Bridge of the Pennsylvania State University Millennium Scholars Program and my actual freshman, Fall semester, my family will probably take two trips. I need some well-deserved rest and relaxation after this stressful summer.
We plan to visit Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Boston, Massachusetts. I will probably find a new cupcake place besides the norm of Georgetown Cupcake, in Boston, MA. There seems to be a plethora of wonderful options. In addition, I hope to go to Philadelphia, PA to visit my sister in her new home! There, I plan to try the cupcakes at Whipped which seems like an extremely popular spot! I would love to get to New York City as well and there are innumerable options to check off of my bucket list in the Big Apple.
I am incredibly happy to have made the decision to blog about my passion for cupcakes. This experience makes me realize how this love has truly been a treat. I can’t wait to continue taking options off of my bucket list, moving into the future. Until then, don’t forget that life is short… eat a cupcake.