Passion Blog Proposals

There is no better feeling than standing atop a great peak seeing everything in the distance with only the blue sky above you. It is so peaceful, so beautiful that few words can describe it.  I am one of the lucky people to have experienced that. My first idea is travel blog on my backpacking experiences in Colorado over the summer. I could provide insights for anyone interested in such an endeavor, in addition to providing l advice for travelling in Colorado in general. I got the privilege of backpacking through Maroon Bells Wilderness in White River National Forest located near Aspen with Boy Scout Troop 380 of Boalsburg, Pennsylvania.

We hiked a total of fifty miles in about six days with the elevation varying from approximately 8.5-13,000 feet and including climbing four mountains. The trip also featured whitewater rafting, zip-lining, and visits to many of Colorado’s most iconic sights. This experience featured grand mountains, pristine lakes, sliver clouds, blue skies, deer, elk, mountain goats, marmots, snowball fights, altitude sickness, hail storms, 90-degree weather, and 30-degree weather.  There is nothing I love more than exploring the beautiful landscapes landscapes of the American West.  It was the adventure of a lifetime and it would be my pleasure to share it with you.

Another passion of mine is coincidentally also related to the mountains of Colorado. My second idea is an entertainment blog about the popular Comedy Central show South Park. For those of you who may not be familiar with America’s most controversial TV show, South Park is a cartoon (though not for kids) about the misadventures of the children of a “quiet mountain town” in Colorado. The show’s take no prisoners attitude satirizes pop culture, politics, and other parts of our culture in a very unique way. Creators’ Trey Parker and Matt Stone believe nothing, and no one should be immune to criticism. The show frequently lampoons all sides of the political spectrum trying to provide its own unique perspective.

As everyone’s favorite foul mouthed fourth graders return for Season 22 this fall, South Park manages to stay as topical as ever with its provocative satire. Each week I would review the most recent episode and try to capture what it says about events going on in our world. For weeks in which there was not a South Park episode, I would critique an older episode that I think connects to something relevant. I have been a huge fan of South Park for years, and despite the vulgarity and crudeness of the show, I found it to be one of the most entertaining, thought provoking, nuanced, and fair portrayals of our world in all of Hollywood. Love it or hate it, South Park paints an unmatched portrait of American society that can certainly at least be a cause for discussion.

5 thoughts on “Passion Blog Proposals

1. Both ideas are great, but I’d love to read a South Park blog. As you said, South Park makes fun of everyone. Interpreting the meaning of each episode and relating it to what is going on in the real world would make for an interesting blog.

2. I think your South Park blog would entertain the reader and yourself as well as provide insight as to how society has evolved to provide these topics that the show satirizes. It’s important to understand our flaws as a culture in order to improve as a whole. Although South Park is a largely animated version of this idea, it does effectively communicate this point.

3. Gosh, this is a tough call. You could combine them and do an “All Things Colorado” blog if you simply can’t pick. I love Colorado, too. We should chat about it sometime.

4. I have a strong passion for travel. Because of that, personally, I would be very interested in your travel blog in Colorado. From your description, it seems that through your writing I would be able to immerse myself along your voyages and journeys and see your perspective of nature.

5. I think that it is really cool that both of your passion blog ideas revolve around Colorado. I think talking about backpacking through Colorado seems most interesting. Could you possibly give tips to anyone who is thinking about backpacking, not just in Colorado?