Small Strawberry Sundae

Hey guys! This is my first post and I look forward to blogging about the different menu items I tried over the course of my four years I worked at Dairy Queen. Ever since I was a kid, I loved the strawberry sundae from Dairy Queen. It is my go to option until this day, and I don’t think that it will be replaced. The strawberry sundae could be the only item at DQ, and I would still go to DQ over any other ice cream store. Throughout the past 4 years, I dedicated most of my free time to my family’s Dairy Queen.  About half of the shifts I worked, I devoured a small strawberry sundae. The other half, I tried different blizzards and customer favorites like the Peanut Buster Parfait. Below is an image of a strawberry sundae a customer receives when ordered at Dairy Queen.

small strawberry sundae from DQ

The strawberry sundae serves as the perfect summer or winter treat for friends, families and gatherings. The vanilla ice cream perfectly captures the natural sweetness of the strawberries, and serves as the ideal base for any strawberry sundae. Strawberry sundaes contain important vitamins necessary for the human body, including fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese, and vitamin B6.

People love the strawberry sundae because it provides a blank canvas. The opportunities with an item like the strawberry sundae are endless. With over 30 toppings at DQ, the strawberry sundae can be mixed and matched millions of times with so many different toppings! Ice cream lovers with different tastes remain satisfied with their strawberry sundae no matter the how they differ from one another.

strawberry sundae along side chocolate and caramel sundae

No matter what type of sundae you love, other sundaes deserve a chance. If the strawberry sundae didn’t exist, my go to would be the chocolate sundae with some chopped peanuts. The universe of ice cream flavors goes on forever at DQ, and everyone holds onto the one thing they love. Ice cream isn’t just about the sweet goodness itself, it’s a social experience. The strawberry sundae creates the foundation to create sweet memories with friends and families. The different toppings create a happy environment for everyone, and the sundae is a household treat for any type of family. The reason why ice cream makes good memories is backed by science. Amino acids, such as tryptophan, boost serotonin produced which makes us happier when we eat ice cream. For millions of Americans, ice cream is their go to dessert, and I see why that nothing comes close to second.

The Strawberry sundae isn’t just a dessert, it rules as the best dessert item and brings out the best in vanilla soft serve and the natural sweetness of strawberry topping. Ice cream creates a common ground where relationships are built and memories are forged, from youngsters giggling over colorful scoops to adults remembering their favorite childhood treats, making it a symbol of simple, shared pleasures. Next time you drive by a DQ, make sure to stop and order a small strawberry sundae.

3 thoughts on “Small Strawberry Sundae”

1. Hi, Om! I really enjoyed reading your post! Although I am an avid ice cream fan, I have never been to Dairy Queen—I think you’ve convinced me to pay it a visit! I also read the article you linked about your family’s Dairy Queen, and I think it’s really cool that you guys own one; it certainly gives you a lot of credibility in writing these posts. Aside from the great taste of the strawberry sundae (and other flavors), I like how you mentioned the social aspect of ice cream—my go-to place for hanging out with my friends is, in fact, an ice cream store! I also thought the science behind tryptophan, serotonin, and happiness was very interesting, and it gives me all the more reason to visit Dairy Queen.

2. This was such a fun post to read! I haven’t been to a Dairy Queen in so long after moving a lot, but I always would get a Mocha Moolate as my go-to order. I loved how you told us the benefits and nutritional value of the sundae, like the strawberries for example. Everyone deserves a sweet treat! I definitely plan on coming back to these posts so that I can expand my order the next time I stop at a Dairy Queen.

3. Hey Om! So basically we are twins because this is also my go to. Every descriptive, mouth-watering detail you left, I relate. It is just perfect. If you really love strawberries, you should try the chocolate dipped strawberry blizzard (you might already have DQ expert). I’m glad there is a scientific reason, tryptophan, I want ice cream twice a day. I am eager to read the other items you are reviewing. Fun fact- I am from Texas and DQ’s slogan is “DQ, that’s what I like about Texas.”