Small Cheese Curds

Crispy on the outside, delightful and creamy on the inside. That’s right, I’m talking about the cheese curds from DQ. These tiny delights are enough to send your taste buds into a euphoric frenzy. When you bite into these delights, your taste buds become stimulated with the amount of flavor in the cheese and the crust. The crisp coating shatters under the pressure of your teeth and releases that satisfying crunch. Cheese curds are like mini mozzarella sticks; if you’re a fan of mozzarella sticks, then you’ll definitely love the cheese curds! The difference is that cheese curds are much yummier and they come DQ – the best fan food service. Here is a recipe for cheese curds if you ever want to make your own. 

Personally, I like the small size option of the cheese curds because I enjoy the quantity a lot more. The perfect combination is the cheese curds with a side of marinara sauce.  Although the customizability isn’t there with the cheese curds, you can still get them in a regular size or large size, and you can dip them in any sauce that you want! Additionally, they go well with any burger, sandwich, or chicken strip basket. I love the combination of the chicken strips with ranch and the side of cheese curds with marinara sauce. The moment you finish each bite of a cheese curd, your taste buds want even more. With every pause between bites, your taste buds are left in suspense, craving for one more bite… and another… and another. 

The cheese curds are a perfect munching snack, especially when I’m working. They are so quick to eat and I can get back to running the store in no time. They fry in a minute and 35 seconds, I take them to the office, eat them quickly, wash my hands, and get right back to work. They’re also a nice option to have other than fries and onion rings. The cheese provides the extra flavor boost, and the crust has such a nice crunch. It’s also nice to have something other than ketchup with a side because with either fries or onion rings, I will use ketchup as a dip. 

How could I not mention anything about ice cream! Just like any other thing in the universe, cheese curds pair amazingly with ice cream. The strawberry sundae is the best option (in my opinion). The perfect combination of hot and cold, as well as salty and sweet occurs when you pair ice cream and cheese curds. The customizability connects to the cheese curds now because you can customize the ice cream in any way you want.

Dairy Queen’s cheese curds are like jewels found in a treasure chest of culinary secrets. They radiate taste and serve as a beacon of joy for everyone looking to experience this delightful journey. It’s a hunt where the delight of the voyage itself counts as much as your taste receptors getting satisfied. Don’t forget the next time you drive by a DQ, make sure to stop and order an order of small cheese curds.

2 thoughts on “Small Cheese Curds”

1. Hey there DQ connoisseur. I have never tried these, and your description makes me feel like I have been missing out my whole life. The crispiness paired with the marinara sounds amazing. I am so excited to try these the next time I go to DQ. However, I will not be trying these with a strawberry sundae. There is just no way. Have you ever tried a chocolate shake with banana chunks? I know it may sound weird but you have to order it like that and include banana chunks or they will just blend it up. It is perfect on its own but pairs so nicely with french fries.

2. There’s something so simply amazing about fried cheese. If you walk up to your friend and say “hey do you want this string-cheese stick,” and they might say no, but if you batter it up and deep fry it in a pot of oil, that sounds a lot more delicious to me, although unhealthy. I’ve always loved the Wisconsin Cheese Bites from Sheetz, so I’m definitely going to have to try this next time I pay DQ a visit!