Regular Fries

Hey guys!! This is going to be the last blog post of the semester, so I hoped you enjoyed reading about Dairy Queen as much as I enjoyed writing about it. This blog post is going to be about the regular fries, but these golden delights aren’t just your average fries; they’re a culinary experience!

Let me explain to you how to prepare this delicacy. First, the fries are taken out of the freezer and poured into the fryer basket. Then, they are put into the scorching, hot oil for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. This fryer oil is around 350 degrees, so sticking your hand in the oil wouldn’t be the best idea. After the 2 minutes and 30 seconds are over, you take the fries out of the oil and dump them into the fry dump. The fries are only good for about 7 minutes once they’re taken out of the oil, so we remember to fill less, more often. This helps reduce waste and save money because we’re using the fries more efficiently. 

I LOVE the Dairy Queen fries (although I may have a bit of a bias). They are the perfect side to a chicken strip basket or a chicken sandwich; they are also perfect to have on their own. Fries are a side in all restaurants, and in DQ it’s no different. They are cooked to perfect, and salted just enough, that you want to keep eating them. If the store is busy and I am hungry, I tend to get some fries in the paper boat and keep them in the back. When I have the time, I go to the back and eat a few. This can be a pain sometimes because I have to wash my hands before I start working again, but it is ok because the fries are so good. As a side, I like my fries to be complemented with a chicken sandwich with pepper jack cheese. The pepper jack cheese adds a kick to the sandwich, and is a flavorful necessity. 

How could I not write a blog without writing about the customizability of the fries. Although the fries themselves are not customizable, you can choose what you eat them with. The go-to dip would be ketchup, which you can never go wrong with. Dairy Queen always serves honey mustard, buffalo, house-made ranch, country gravy, and BBQ. These are all staples as dipping sauces and I would not blame you for picking one over the other. The house-made ranch is my favorite because it doesn’t taste like any other ranch; it’s unique!

The fries evoke a piece of nostalgia for me. Similar to the medium vanilla cone, I associate the regular fries with a warm summer day. I remember the days where my family would go out for some ice cream, but I would always order fries on the side. It reminds me of my friends, and how we would go to DQ after a sporting event and just laugh the night away. The DQ fries aren’t just a side to your burger, sandwich, or chicken basket. They are a delicacy that also brings me happiness (mmmmmmmmmmmm). So, don’t forget the next time you drive by a DQ, make sure to stop and order regular fires.