Small Royal Ultimate Choco Brownie Blizzard

Chocolatey goodness yum yum yum!!! Those are the words that accurately describe the Royal Ultimate Choco Brownie blizzard. This is probably the most chocolate blizzard there is at Dairy Queen – the only thing that could make it more chocolatey is chocolate ice cream. Don’t be mistaken between the Royal Ultimate Choco Brownie and the Choco Brownie Extreme. Royal blizzards have a syrup down the middle, in this case, the Royal Ultimate Choco Brownie has fudge down the middle. Let’s get right into the ingredients!

1. Vanilla Ice Cream: No matter what type of blizzard, the base will always be vanilla ice cream. Unless, the customer specifically asks for chocolate ice cream, all blizzards are made with vanilla ice cream.
  2. Brownie Pieces: No chocolate extreme blizzard is complete without brownie pieces. They offer a perfect balance of chewiness and richness, adding rich texture to every bite.
  3. Chocolate chunks: These versatile chunks are found in a variety of different blizzards. They add the perfect crunch to every bite, and they are the perfect complement to the soft brownie bits. Don’t be afraid to ask for extra! (For an additional charge.)
  4. Cocoa Fudge: The whole reason the blizzards looks like it’s made with chocolate ice cream! The rich fudge transforms the vanilla ice cream into a creamy chocolatey goodness. Cocoa fudge brings all the ingredients together like a sauce in an entrĂ©e.
  5. Hot fudge: The special part of Royal blizzards is the syrup down the middle. After the blizzard is fully blended, we remove the cup with a hole down the middle of the ice cream. Then, we fill the hole with hot fudge, and that’s what makes the blizzard a royal. Another common Royal blizzard is the Royal New York Cheesecake which has strawberry down the middle.

This blizzard meets every chocolate lover’s dream: a blizzard full of chocolate. I interviewed an avid fan of the Royal Ultimate Choco Brownie Blizzard and this is what she had to say: “I love the rich brownie bits, and the creamy fudge, surrounded by the chocolate swirled vanilla ice cream.” Don’t just take my word for it, take the word of this fan!

The Royal Ultimate Choco Brownie Blizzard stands as a testament to Dairy Queen’s mastery of chocolatey indulgence. With its rich blend of creamy vanilla ice cream, brownie pieces, chocolate chunks, cocoa fudge, and hot fudge, this Blizzard delivers an unparalleled experience for chocolate lovers everywhere. So, next time you drive by a DQ, make sure to stop and order a small Royal Ultimate Choco Brownie Blizzard. Served upside down or the next one’s free!

7 thoughts on “Small Royal Ultimate Choco Brownie Blizzard”

1. Hi Om, this is my first time reading your blog and I love it! I personally really enjoy Dairy Queen and it brings back memories from home when I would get blizzards with my sister. I actually was not aware of this “royal blizzard” I always got the classic one so next time I am home, I definitely need to try it! I was curious if you ever worked at Diary Queen, or if you were just an avid fan. Great blog!

2. Hello Om! This is my first time reading your blog, and it was enjoyable. I used to frequent Dairy Queen with my father when I was little, and they didn’t have anywhere near the variety in flavors they have now. I’ve been looking for a reason to start returning to DQs, and this blog may have given me a fantastic one. I am, undoubtedly, a chocolate lover, and based on your description of everything this Royal Blizzard contains, I’ll be more than satisfied. If I had just one question, do you think these blizzards can become too complex in their flavors, losing the art if simple flavors are done well? This was a delightful read; keep at it!

3. What’s up Om. This looks Mhmhmmhmhhm and yum yum yum. I thought that the perfect blend of creamy vanilla ice cream, chewy brownie pieces, crunchy chocolate chunks, and decadent fudge seemed truly amazing. I also thought the addition of hot fudge down the middle, a signature of Royal blizzards, takes it to the next level. Next time I pull up to your DQ, I will definitely be trying this!

4. I’ve never been to dairy queen, so this blog is pretty cool because I can determine what I should get if I ever end up going there. I would consider myself a chocolate lover, but for some reason, I really don’t like chocolate in my ice cream. Maybe I’ll try some of the regular fries if I end up going there. Speaking of fries, do you have any opinions on dipping fries in milkshake-esque things. Personally, I don’t really get the appeal, but to each their own.

5. DQ should really be paying you for this kind of advertising because I always get hungry for whatever DQ food you are reviewing. Although I am not the craziest chocolate lover (I still love chocolate, don’t get me wrong), the royal ultimate choco brownie blizzard sounds absolutely amazing and I’ll have to get that “chocolatey goodness yum yum yum” next time I pay DQ a visit.

6. This and the Chocolate Xtreme blizzard are the only things I get at DQ. I am the type of person to put Nutella on top of chocolate cake just for more chocolate flavor, I love chocolate that much. I love the fudge in the blizzard, it gives a different texture to the entirety of the treat. I would totally recommend this and the Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard to any chocolate enthusiast, you will not be disappointed. Great post Om, love to see the chocolate treats get shown some appreciation on the blog.

7. Once in a while I find myself in the mood for a chocolatey dessert, and this blizzard seems it could fulfill this desire. I appreciated your inclusion of the opinion of a fan, as it grants consumer validity to your intriguing descriptions. Why do you think that chocolatey desserts captivate consumers so much? Do you think it is purely flavor based or do you believe there to be other factors that contribute to the chocolate craze?