Penn State offers on-site testing at the University Park campus for:
Students taking the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Students from any university taking a proctored exam
You may schedule an exam during any of the Testing Center’s regular examination times (all times are Eastern Standard Time). Additional times may be added during midterms and finals week. The times listed are exam start times (testing times are subject to change without notice). Please arrive 15 minutes before your exam.
The Testing Center is located in Suite 311 of the 329 Building, at 329 Innovation Boulevard, Innovation Park easily accessed via exits 73 and 74 of Route 220/I-99.
If you are using the CATA bus system take the Red Link and get off at the third Innovation Park stop. The 329 Building is directly beside the bus stop.
If you have a question or need any additional assistance with directions please contact us:
Prepare for an exam at the Outreach Testing Center by following these steps
Penn State and other University Exams
Review Penn State’s policy on academic integrity, as the Outreach Testing Center, continuously commits to uphold this policy.
Find out the exam format, the time allotted for the exam, and special materials you may need to bring to the exam.
- Please contact us in advance if any reasonable accommodations have been approved
- Please remember to request the exam from the instructor at least two weeks prior to your desired testing time.
- If the exam is mailed directly to the Outreach Testing Center please contact us a day before the scheduled exam to confirm the delivery.
Review the information about the CLEP exams here
For all Exams
A valid photo ID must be presented to the proctor prior to the exam.
No personal belongings are permitted in the testing room; items may be stored in a secure bag during the exam.
- No food or drink allowed in the testing lab.
- If the exam requires audio playback (e.g., recordings of spoken words for a language exam) it is the individual’s responsibility to bring headphones.
- Plan to arrive fifteen minutes prior to the scheduled exam to allow time for check-in.
The Outreach Testing Center will consult with individuals that may need an academic adjustment (e.g., extended time on exams) two weeks prior to the preferred exam date.
Penn State students must be registered with Student Disability Resources to receive reasonable accommodations and are required to bring the Academic Adjustments Memo to the Testing Center on the day of the exam.
CLEP candidates and other University students must submit a description of the accommodation to the Testing Center. This documentation should be from an administrator at the college in which the student is enrolled or an appropriate health care provider, on official letterhead.
329 Innovation Blvd Suite 311
State College, PA 16803