Paradigm Shifts

1. From coverture to women’s suffrage. Evolving of feminism. Understanding coverture, women’s domestic roles, republican motherhood, understanding major terms. Average women are who we can learn the most from. Other figures such as Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Rosa Parks, Queen Elizabeth II, Maya Angelou, Jane Austen, etc. There is a woman to explain every movement of feminism. Most of the time policies take way longer than the initial movements so I can focus on that. At many points in history, women are misunderstood, such as poor women being considered witches in the Salem Witch Trials. Then we see the start of education, which starts with Republican motherhood and then I can analyze their pathway to getting education. This idea is complicated due to the lack of representation of women’s voices, especially in the realm of people of color, they are often silenced. This would be a good topic for me because I am in women’s US history. The audience can learn about the tribulations of women. There is still inequality today.
  2. Emergence of AI. Discuss the fears of the American people. Development of AI such as chat gbt.I could analyze how GBT is making its way into American commonplaces, such as social media, and internet browsers. I am not a tech person, so as I am typing this, I am deciding this is not a good topic for me.
  3. Geocentrism to Heliocentrism. Belief that the Earth is the center of the universe to the sun is the center. Aristotle introduces the idea of egocentrism, which solves the idea that there is more than heaven in the sky. However, this idea will shift to Heliocentrism with Nicolaus Copernicus. He argued that the earth revolves on an axis and shifts in axis lead to changes in seasons. He correctly set the order of the planets. He also estimated the orbital periods. Galeo then studied the physics behind the astronomical discoveries of Nicolaus Copernicus, and he proved them to be true. This topic will take much studying, but it is less opinionated than the other topics and it is more based on facts. I am not studying astronomy, so I will have to go on a journey to discover all the information from credible sources. The audience can learn how scientific research comes about; I can discuss the impact on astronomy studies today.