- Develop and promote opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in research and discovery, including student flight projects. Include programs with a focus on enhancing the participation of students from underrepresented groups.
- Provide graduate and undergraduate training through the mechanism of fellowship and scholarship awards. Increase the number of awards to students from underrepresented groups.
- Support the development of interdisciplinary courses, curriculum, and workshops, including introductory courses designed for undergraduate students not majoring in scientific or technological disciplines.
- Model diversity in Space Grant leadership, programs, and activities. Implement programs targeted at increasing the retention rate of students from underrepresented groups in science and engineering.
- Provide information and programs to increase access to the excitement, knowledge, and technology from America’s Earth, Air and Space programs. Establish PSGC as a viable state resource and catalyst for aerospace research, education, and economic development.
- Cultivate a statewide network of partners from universities, industry, museums, science centers, state and local agencies, to pursue aerospace research, education, and economic development goals.
- Develop Earth, Air, and Space programs to enhance public scientific literacy and to complement community needs.
NASA Education Outcomes and Objectives
Presidential, Congressional, and the NASA Administrator’s interest in and goals for education set the direction for NASA education efforts, including the Space Grant Consortium objectives. The NASA Strategic Coordination Framework: A Portfolio Approach describes the alignment of NASA’s education portfolio with the NASA 2006 Strategic Plan and creates an agency-wide strategic planning, implementation and evaluation framework for NASA’s investments in education.
This Framework establishes three educational outcomes. Each consortium program or project must demonstrate alignment with the NASA Education Outcomes.